What's new

Can you identify this coin?

RockRock

Greenie
Joined
Apr 10, 2020
Messages
11
Reaction score
8
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have found a coin that I cannot identify. May you kindly help me identify please?
 

Attachments

  • coin 1.webp
    coin 1.webp
    116 KB · Views: 153
  • coin 2.webp
    coin 2.webp
    130.1 KB · Views: 110
not for sure but looks Turkish to me
Yes, I agree it looks like certain Ottoman empire coins. However, I cannot find any images that resembles the same pattern.
 
yes thats what i was thinking.I have found a few here in maryland and turned out to be from the ottoman impire.If i remember right i found a web site from over there and sent her pics and she was able to id for me
 
My WAG:
History: The Turkish Ottomans invaded the Maltese Island at least three times (1551, 1565 and 1614) The first two were during the reign of Sultan Suleiman the Magnificent (1520-1566); the third time during the reign of Ahmed I (1603-1617).
My WAG is a heavily debased (70-80%) Turkish Ottoman silver coin called a 'manghir' minted during the reign of one of those Sultans.
Don in SoCal
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom