Can you please suggest what cord I should buy for this?

DetectorRob

Aug 27, 2019
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter quick draw pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I prefer the braided poly rope from Home depot or lowes. I use only about 50 feet and and it is termed "hollow braid 215 lb. I like the yellow because of the visibility under water. I have read here that some like a heavier test rope but so far I have had no difficulties with this strength. Good luck with your new hobby, it to me is very much like metal detecting where the mystery of what might be next keeps you going. Some of the items I have recovered have been valuable enough to more than pay for my equipment cost. Good luck

OP
OP
D

DetectorRob

Aug 27, 2019
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter quick draw pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I prefer the braided poly rope from Home depot or lowes. I use only about 50 feet and and it is termed "hollow braid 215 lb. I like the yellow because of the visibility under water. I have read here that some like a heavier test rope but so far I have had no difficulties with this strength. Good luck with your new hobby, it to me is very much like metal detecting where the mystery of what might be next keeps you going. Some of the items I have recovered have been valuable enough to more than pay for my equipment cost. Good luck

Awesome! Thank you for the reply. I literally can't wait.. coming from amazon this week.

Yukon99669

Jul 30, 2020
Alaska and Colorado
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
That’s helpful. My 3 boys are dying to do this. It’ll give them something to do when they get bored of shoveling and sifting material for the sluices.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread