- Joined
- Dec 13, 2025
- Messages
- 177
- Reaction score
- 937
- Golden Thread
- 1
- Detector(s) used
- Minelab Equinox 900
- Primary Interest:
- Metal Detecting
Found this a while back in a swampy area. At first, I thought it might be a Civil War cannonball, but after weighing it, it only comes in around 2 pounds, so I’m leaning more toward it possibly being grape shot.
Unfortunately, it had been sitting in wet soil for a long time and was in pretty rough shape. Once it started drying out, deep cracks formed and it began deteriorating pretty badly. I eventually decided to run it through electrolysis to try and save what I could, and this is what I have left.
Any thoughts on whether this could be Civil War grape shot, canister, or possibly something else?
Unfortunately, it had been sitting in wet soil for a long time and was in pretty rough shape. Once it started drying out, deep cracks formed and it began deteriorating pretty badly. I eventually decided to run it through electrolysis to try and save what I could, and this is what I have left.
Any thoughts on whether this could be Civil War grape shot, canister, or possibly something else?
Upvote
5







