What's new

carson robison guitar

rvrpilot

Full Member
Joined
Jun 6, 2008
Messages
146
Reaction score
3
Golden Thread
0
I posted this guitar on the antique section and I thought maybe I'd give it a try here also
I bought it at a farm auction here in Illinois yesterday,The only information that I have
so far is that it could have been made by Gibson prior to 1940 but it doesn't have any
markings on it except a number 4 that was hand numbered on the inside on the butt
of the neck. Any help would great identifing this old guitar.

Thanks Rvrpilot
I contacted Gruhn guitars in Nashville and Mr Gruhn was kind enough to
identify this as being made by the Kay guitar company out of Chicago
circa 1940,thanks for the help. Even though its not a top of the line
guitar I'm still going to have some restoration work done on it. Then
pass it on to one of the grandkids one of these days.
HH Rvrpilot
 

Attachments

  • carson robison guitar 003.webp
    carson robison guitar 003.webp
    54.5 KB · Views: 573
  • carson robison guitar 007.webp
    carson robison guitar 007.webp
    34.7 KB · Views: 506
  • carson robison guitar 002.webp
    carson robison guitar 002.webp
    15.9 KB · Views: 500
  • carson robison guitar 002.webp
    carson robison guitar 002.webp
    15.9 KB · Views: 457
  • carson robison guitar 007.webp
    carson robison guitar 007.webp
    34.7 KB · Views: 454
  • carson robison guitar 003.webp
    carson robison guitar 003.webp
    54.5 KB · Views: 446
  • carson robison guitar 001.webp
    carson robison guitar 001.webp
    43 KB · Views: 486
Never underestimate the value of a old parlor guitar sold a le domino for 800 bucks a while back,
 
Upvote 0
This is the Gibson version, 1930's-1940 and the actual add for it :icon_thumright: I'm still diggin ;D oddly enough I cant find the Kay sold version :icon_scratch:
 

Attachments

  • vintage%20acoustic%20guitar-147071206132531390.webp
    vintage%20acoustic%20guitar-147071206132531390.webp
    15.7 KB · Views: 522
  • wards_1052_cr.webp
    wards_1052_cr.webp
    13.6 KB · Views: 874
  • 1937_crob_1115_kg-141.webp
    1937_crob_1115_kg-141.webp
    22.6 KB · Views: 819
Upvote 0
The only thing on the inside is the number 4 in black that is hand written.Thanks for all the replies
maybe I'll I'D it soon or later! it only has Carson Robison not Carson J. Robison
Thanks Rvrpilot
 
Upvote 0
rvrpilot said:
I posted this guitar on the antique section and I thought maybe I'd give it a try here also
I bought it at a farm auction here in Illinois yesterday,The only information that I have
so far is that it could have been made by Gibson prior to 1940 but it doesn't have any
markings on it except a number 4 that was hand numbered on the inside on the butt
of the neck. Any help would great identifing this old guitar.

Thanks Rvrpilot
I contacted Gruhn guitars in Nashville and Mr Gruhn was kind enough to
identify this as being made by the Kay guitar company out of Chicago
circa 1940,thanks for the help. Even though its not a top of the line
guitar I'm still going to have some restoration work done on it. Then
pass it on to one of the grandkids one of these days.
HH Rvrpilot
 
Upvote 0
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom