What's new

🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Casket piece?

jjjwada73

Tenderfoot
Joined
Dec 28, 2023
Messages
6
Reaction score
10
Golden Thread
0
So, before the negative comments start flying, I had permission from the cemetery board that is responsible for an old cemetery in the country surrounded by fields. The board asked me to try and locate where exactly the old church once stood on the borders of the actual cemetery, as the exact location had been lost over the past 130+ years. So I was primarily searching for old square nails as the church was moved or razed in the late 1890s or so. I did find some square nails, but this was another one of my discoveries. It was found very near some graves, and therefore I suspect it to be an adornment that came off a casket or casket-lowering device or something along those lines. Thanks for looking!
 

Attachments

  • CasketAdornmentPragueCzechCemeteryAugust2025A.webp
    CasketAdornmentPragueCzechCemeteryAugust2025A.webp
    42.7 KB · Views: 100
  • CasketAdornmentPragueCzechCemeteryAugust2025B.webp
    CasketAdornmentPragueCzechCemeteryAugust2025B.webp
    37.5 KB · Views: 83
Maybe the church doorknob.
 
Upvote 0
Look at the geography of the land to see if there is any impression of where it might have been.

Also, look for an area that has no graves close by.

Probably right along the old cart path.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom