signal_line
Silver Member
- Joined
- Nov 14, 2011
- Messages
- 3,964
- Reaction score
- 2,233
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Detector(s) used
- XP Deus
- Primary Interest:
- All Treasure Hunting
- #1
Thread Owner
I suppose some people know about the dangers. Especially in a microwave oven some liquids can get super hot way above boiling temperature but remain motionless until you bump it then it explodes. And in a microwave oven the liquid has no where to go except out the door and into your face.
What happened to me was I boiled some water on the kitchen stovetop and poured some Vick’s Vapor Steam liquid into the boiling water so to make some steam to help relieve cold symptoms. All good and fine. I turned the heat off and came back at a later time to reheat the water. This was my mistake. The water with the Vick’s Vapo Steam liquid in it got super heated. I saw some strange looking bubbles on the surface and then BOOM!!! like a cannon exploding. By the grace of God most if the water had not super heated —only the bottom layer—so much of the water that came out was not that hot. The water hit the ceiling and drenched me and all over the whole floor.The pan was pretty much empty and I was about in a state of shock. Lucky I was not leaning over the pan. Had that been in a microwave I would have had my face scalded. Please don’t try this. You might not be so lucky. We have an induction stove so it heated the bottom layer of water so fast the rest of the water didn’t get super heated. It was so loud it numbed my hearing.
What happened to me was I boiled some water on the kitchen stovetop and poured some Vick’s Vapor Steam liquid into the boiling water so to make some steam to help relieve cold symptoms. All good and fine. I turned the heat off and came back at a later time to reheat the water. This was my mistake. The water with the Vick’s Vapo Steam liquid in it got super heated. I saw some strange looking bubbles on the surface and then BOOM!!! like a cannon exploding. By the grace of God most if the water had not super heated —only the bottom layer—so much of the water that came out was not that hot. The water hit the ceiling and drenched me and all over the whole floor.The pan was pretty much empty and I was about in a state of shock. Lucky I was not leaning over the pan. Had that been in a microwave I would have had my face scalded. Please don’t try this. You might not be so lucky. We have an induction stove so it heated the bottom layer of water so fast the rest of the water didn’t get super heated. It was so loud it numbed my hearing.







