What's new

Cavalry rosette?

kyphote

Hero Member
Joined
Jan 12, 2010
Messages
585
Reaction score
52
Golden Thread
0
Location
Virginia
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, GPX 4800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Recently I was hunting a CW camp with a friend who unearthed the rosette pictured below. Despite this being a Civil War camp, I assumed the item was WWI or later because it bears the Great Seal. Today, though, I noticed the same item depicted in an ad that identifies it as a "Civil War U.S. cavalry rosette." Can I assume the ad is wrong? Thanks
 

Attachments

  • rosette.webp
    rosette.webp
    20.1 KB · Views: 410
  • ad.webp
    ad.webp
    19.1 KB · Views: 588
Yes, the advertizement is (definitely) wrong. Your Great Seal rosette is stricly from 1902 to the World War One era, or perhaps a few years later.
 
Upvote 0
TheCannonballGuy said:
Yes, the advertizement is (definitely) wrong. Your Great Seal rosette is stricly from 1902 to the World War One era, or perhaps a few years later.

x2!!!
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom