What's new

Cave with the Iron Door

rginn

Gold Member
Joined
Oct 16, 2007
Messages
9,220
Reaction score
13,578
Golden Thread
0
Location
Summit County, CO
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK, I came across this pic on a sometimes dubious Oklahoma page. Only thing poster said was can you spot it, no location given. It looks like the Wichita's, and a lot of comments leaned towards the Iron Door, in the upper right quarter of the pic. I don't think it's legit, and if I took that pic I guarantee you this would be the 'before' pic. Just kinda cool pic.
2-27aa.webp
 
Looks more like somewhere in southern Arizona. Google pics says its quartz mountain. I use to go see some French Canadian quarry men out there in Granite, Oklahoma during mid 1990s about. The boss mans was named Josue and his English wasn't the best and my French was nonexistent. Anyway we got the gist of what ever it was we were conversing over.
 
Yeah TR poster just let viewers draw their own conclusions. Quartz Mountain is down by Lugert. It does look like the Wichitas, and places here in Colorado look like the Wichitas too though. I've been all over that part of the country on foot and never covered it all. I heard that Iron Door story from my Grandparents when I was little, and have a lot of doubts. But maybe where there's smoke there's fire, somewhere in the country. Last reported sighting I know of was north of the Job Corps center in the Wichitas. And it was wood, not iron.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom