Cedar County Missouri - Church Hollow Treasure Legend

Reall truth : This is what makes all treasure legends so easy to fall for : Is that they are always built around real names, dates, and events. To which we add a treasure. Ie.: None of them ever started with : "Once upon a time", eh ?

And the believers will then say : "It's only a matter of sorting fact from fiction". But what that fails to take into account is: If there's no treasure, then IT DOESN'T MATTER how much of the rest of the story is true (names, dates, events). If there isn't a treasure, then : THERE ISN'T A TREASURE !

Prospexican, excuse me for my skepticism, but : Do not get caught up in the superstition of : Symbols in the landscape. To "read into random landscape features". Eg.: squiggly lines seen on a tree, etc.... Or the odd uncanny symmetrical placement of boulders in the area, etc...

When we are totally honest : You can ALWAYS find "uncanny " things or "symbols" everywhere. Eg.: If you lie on your back and stare at passing clouds long enough, you will eventually see the shape of a bunny, an angel, a clown, a big-dipper, and so forth. All of which are meaningless and random.

And for sure when someone goes to *hide* a treasure, they THEN make a map that they circulate. So that others can "find" the treasure that they just "hid", right ? :dontknow:
yes i do understand that, i always do my best not to fall in the pareidolia. trying to see things were they are not. thanks for the suggestion.

I am Gene Carter. I solved this legend over a 3 year period and recovered the treasure on October 04, 2018. I got suspended tempydue to posting a screenshot of email with another member without her permission. Here is the link to the posting where I proved I did it...
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/civil-war/155775-cedar-county-missouri-war-cache-lost.html
Since then I've been working with a few people on publicizing the event.
View attachment 1799164
View attachment 1799165
View attachment 1799166
Gene, Time for an update. Book published?

Gene, Time for an update. Book published?
I was in the area today, and stopped in to see busman. Sadly, he wasn't there.
20231016_141537.jpg

20231016_140628.jpg

Left the bus behind.
20231016_140502.jpg

Did I find the infamous kettle?
20231016_141716.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back