What's new

Cent finds from the past couple of weeks

waseeker

Bronze Member
Joined
Dec 20, 2006
Messages
1,133
Reaction score
25
Golden Thread
0
Location
Pacific Northwest
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX; Minelab eTrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The cent bags were pretty good to me over the past 3 weeks. In this weeks group I got 2 Indian Heads (see other post). In the 2-3 weeks prior I found some nicer early date Lincolns including a 1909, 1909VDB, 1912S, 1915S, 1917S and a 1949 2 Centavos from Columbia.
 

Attachments

  • 0909vdb12s.webp
    0909vdb12s.webp
    23.3 KB · Views: 339
  • 15s17scentavo.webp
    15s17scentavo.webp
    23.3 KB · Views: 320
Upvote 0
Waseeker, those are very nice indeed! What kind of numbers did you search lately to pull those in?

Brian
 
kestrelia said:
Waseeker, those are very nice indeed! What kind of numbers did you search lately to pull those in?

Brian

I generally have 7-12 bags per week to search so that is 35,000 - 60,000 cents a week I go through. My bank uses self serve coin counters, and the main office and one branch sell me the bags. I only look for wheat cents so it doesn't take too long to go through a bag.
 
aloneibreak07 said:
you sure go through a lot of cents only for the wheats. ever check out this website about saving out the coppers?

http://realcent.forumco.com

Yes but with the volume of cents I go through I couldn't afford to keep all of the copper ones, nor the space to store all I see.

I do occasionally get a bag that has lots of nice red coins form the 60's and 70's. Those I take the time to pull out. I figure with the 100 year anniversary of the cent coming up and increased interest there may be a market for them.
 
waseeker said:
aloneibreak07 said:
you sure go through a lot of cents only for the wheats. ever check out this website about saving out the coppers?

http://realcent.forumco.com

Yes but with the volume of cents I go through I couldn't afford to keep all of the copper ones, nor the space to store all I see.

I do occasionally get a bag that has lots of nice red coins form the 60's and 70's. Those I take the time to pull out. I figure with the 100 year anniversary of the cent coming up and increased interest there may be a market for them.

Ditto.
 
nice finds on the 1909VDB! thats easily a $4 coin. also the 1912S, thats a $10 coin! 1915S is pretty good valued at $7! pretty good for only a cent investment! ;D
 
Coinlover said:
nice finds on the 1909VDB! thats easily a $4 coin. also the 1912S, thats a $10 coin! 1915S is pretty good valued at $7! pretty good for only a cent investment! ;D

Thanks. I especially like how the Lincoln Cent prices have been going up the past couple of weeks:)
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom