What's new

Cesent and star cape pin!!!

VAdigger1988

Full Member
Joined
Jan 12, 2016
Messages
176
Reaction score
328
Golden Thread
0
Location
VA
Detector(s) used
Garret at pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dug in central VA today with AT Pro along with 3 dropped mini balls and 2 dropped 69. Cal mini balls 5 round balls and 1 dropped confederate enfield but this cape pin was my first check it out leave some info if yall could I know what it is for the most part but not to swift on if it can be ID to a regiment or specific group or even its potential value. I say it was a good start to a great Father's Day. HH! 20160619_171914.webp 20160619_171858.webp 20160619_171846.webp20160619_171833.webp
 
Upvote 16
Nice one! I found one in Charles City a few years back but didn't realize what it was until a relic show a few months later
 
Nice! I know nothing about it but it would look great surrounded by the bullets. Thanks for sharing.

HH RN
 
It's around bullets eagle breastplate coins buttons bugle mouthpiece mclellen Peninsula campaign Id disc pretty much a whole lot of items I've found this year in this particular area.
 
Nice job. Never seen or heard of it to my knowledge.
 
The Cape pin?
 
I heard the style I found is pretty rare people find them just like Joeyfresh said he found one but people don't find them really often I'd say the one I found is in ok shape but I'll take it lol just wish there was more info on that style I known a few things about them but not enough I still always want to know more ha like I said I know it's union and it's a cape pin and I have seen some go for all around prices but yea lol always want to know more but thank you all
 
This is the one I found. It's listed in the North South Traders price guide under cape pins for a couple hundred bucks. The guide also states that the star and crescent was the isignia of the 7th Corps but Ive read nothing else that states that.
 

Attachments

  • 1466388583255.webp
    1466388583255.webp
    46.5 KB · Views: 114
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom