Chinese/Asian Buddha figurine...??

Bedrock Bryan

Mar 14, 2015
Oregon and Central to Northern CA
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Minelab X-Terra 70, Minelab GP3500, Goldbug 2, Deus...high frequency and stock coils, Equinox 800, and Minelab Gold Monster 1000.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found in a Southwestern Oregon River town...Coos County. The area is where the focus of the town was before roads were common. Since the reroute of a major State Highway all the original buildings were destroyed along the river. It’s a river walk now with open ground for the public. Detecting is tough because of the jumble of many low tone and mid-tone conductors like lead and copper. Using a Deus at 18k 9” round in a pitch tone set up via Calabash Digger. Found the 1918 Mercury within a few feet of the figurine. Also the figurine has remnants of gold gilt, There is a baby in a sling on right side of the figurine. Any info would be much appreciated. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1560008629.716864.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1560008654.885410.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1560008674.552381.jpg I failed to mention that this figurine is very heavy for its size, must be a lead core.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Bedrock Bryan

Bedrock Bryan

Mar 14, 2015
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Minelab X-Terra 70, Minelab GP3500, Goldbug 2, Deus...high frequency and stock coils, Equinox 800, and Minelab Gold Monster 1000.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
namxat Thanks for reply and opinion, has a tiny bit of gold gilt under 10x magnification. I’m hoping someone on the www. Can give some in-depth information. I’m intrigued by this item. Im nearly sure there is a interesting story behind this figurine. There were Chinese here mining coal etc here in the late 19th century. Thanks again.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Bedrock Bryan

Bedrock Bryan

Mar 14, 2015
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I’m saying Not solved for now respectfully Bedrock Bryan

Last edited:
Upvote 0

yaxthri

Bronze Member
Nov 17, 2010
This is some type of antique "Laughing Buddha" you found. This is supposed to be a kind of fortune-bringin figurine, there are different types of them holding different artifacts symbolising all kind of things, check the link below, they are still used by people believing in the teachings of Feng-shui.
Your Buddha carries 2 sacks with a carrying yoke, one sack with a kid the other one probably is full of luck or wealth, he also holds a "ball of wealth" or a golden nugget, it's amix of the modern stereotypic types you find online...
I can't get a better ID, to much data-junk popping up googling it.

So, all in all lots of fortune for you on many plains, congrats!!

https://goodlucksymbols.com/laughing-buddha/

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Bedrock Bryan

Bedrock Bryan

Mar 14, 2015
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yaxthri, thank you much, I appreciate this. I’m not that great at internet hunting. I’ll call this SOLVED.....[emoji106][emoji41][emoji631] correction on the poster of this helpful information.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

islamoradamark

Silver Member
Aug 26, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the ones that were hand carved out of ivory or bone would have a signature on the bottom were the feet are

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread