Chinese Laundry and a Hundred Dollar Bill

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
They are tearing the older part of town down along the river,so since it was drizzling rain and freezing cold I thought it was a perfect day to hunt and not go to work. They have demolished the houses and according to an old 1875 map, there was a chinese laundry and bathhouse here. The grader had pushed the top layers of dirt around and I began seeing tons of broken bottles,dishes and pottery. Sad Sad Sad! Then I pulled the tiniest bottle I have found out of a pushed over tree stump,followed by the clay marble. After picking through lots of shards and a few long spikes ,I decided to crawl under some shrubs,to get out from the rain. Then I saw it...the hundred dollar bill! It was sticking out from a huge rock....Wet and freezing I slithered right in there and wrestled that rock for ownership. I was doing the happy dance in my head...and singing "I found a hundred dollars..I found a hundred dollars". Finally able to push that rock,using both feet...my greedy little hands pulled that hundred dollars out ,all ready to give it a big kiss....I was even being greedier by thinking I had found the Chinese Cache ...visions of what we were going to buy (ok ,pay off) danced in my mind....when WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH....It was fake! Now I was total mud from head to foot and the dang laundry and bathhouse wasnt even open!

Attachments

• tiny jar (quarter is for size) clay marble.JPG
    tiny jar (quarter is for size) clay marble.JPG
    74.7 KB · Views: 912
  • little jars and tiny soap dish.JPG
    little jars and tiny soap dish.JPG
    67.1 KB · Views: 914
  • boo-hoo\'s.JPG
    boo-hoo\'s.JPG
    68 KB · Views: 919
  • rotten trick.JPG
    rotten trick.JPG
    69 KB · Views: 914
  • crying time.JPG
    crying time.JPG
    69.5 KB · Views: 898
Upvote 0

DugHoles

Bronze Member
May 23, 2005
Hudson Falls, NY
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT---Tinytec Ultraluxe probe
I can imagine the thoughts of a cache were heavy on your mind..............Congrats on your finds.

GL & HH,

DugHoles

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread