What's new

Christofle Embossed Anemone Silver Plate Rarity

Grand Cru

Tenderfoot
Joined
Jan 12, 2026
Messages
4
Reaction score
14
Golden Thread
0
Hello Everyone,

I have a Christofle × Perrier‑Jouët “Anémone” Champagne Bucket (Standard Format)

France, mid‑20th century or later.

This champagne bucket is an example of the Christofle × Perrier‑Jouët Belle Époque “Anémone” standard-format champagne cooler, produced during the mid‑late 20th century for Perrier‑Jouët’s hospitality and promotional service. The bucket features embossed (raised) lettering—“CHAMPAGNE / PERRIER‑JOUËT / EPERNAY”—a production method associated with higher-quality mid‑century runs and distinct from the more common engraved or stamped versions found in later decades.

The sculptural Anémone handles reflect the Art Nouveau botanical motifs associated with Perrier‑Jouët’s Belle Époque identity, echoing the floral designs made famous by Emile Gallé.

The underside bears a complete and consistent set of Christofle silverplate hallmarks, confirming authenticity and workshop origin:

• Cursive “Christofle” signature
• Oval “Christofle” maker’s stamp
• Christofle master hallmark, consisting of:• OC (Orfèvrerie Christofle)
• Balance/scale symbol (Christofle’s official silverplate mark)

• Additional production marks consistent with mid‑century Christofle hollowware


These hallmarks collectively place the bucket within the mid‑late 20th century, a period when Christofle produced a limited number of embossed Perrier‑Jouët service pieces for restaurants, hotels, and promotional use.

The embossed lettering, intact plating, and fully legible hallmarks indicate a premium variant of the standard format, distinct from later hospitality issues. This positions the bucket as a desirable collectible within both Christofle and champagne‑house memorabilia circles.

Condition is excellent, with crisp relief, clean interior, and well-preserved hallmarks.

Is there a market for these? I’ve only seen one with similar hallmarks on 1st dibs which sold for above 2K.

Any information about marketability or value would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

Grand Cru
 

Attachments

  • IMG_1194.webp
    IMG_1194.webp
    161.3 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG_1190.webp
    IMG_1190.webp
    99 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_1191.webp
    IMG_1191.webp
    84 KB · Views: 72
Upvote 10
Hi GC and welcome to Tnet. Responding here to your PM.

Sorry, but I can't help much on what it's worth. As silver plate it has no significant intrinsic value, so it's worth whatever a collector is prepared to pay for it. That is, it would find its own value at auction so your best bet is to keep checking for listings to find something comparable.

Two notes of caution: 'Rare' is not the same thing as 'valuable'; and the price someone is speculatively asking often isn't the actual sale price (if the item sells at all). 'Sold for above 2K on 1st Dibs' sounds unrealistically high to me.
 
Hi GC and welcome to Tnet. Responding here to your PM.

Sorry, but I can't help much on what it's worth. As silver plate it has no significant intrinsic value, so it's worth whatever a collector is prepared to pay for it. That is, it would find its own value at auction so your best bet is to keep checking for listings to find something comparable.

Two notes of caution: 'Rare' is not the same thing as 'valuable'; and the price someone is speculatively asking often isn't the actual sale price (if the item sells at all). 'Sold for above 2K on 1st Dibs' sounds unrealistically high to me.
Hello everyone,

Thank you for welcoming me to the forum. The feedback provided is excellent.

We have spoken now with the manufacturer and they have confirmed some great news that our find is rarer than production runs they have made throughout the years. Present day runs retail on their site with different hallmark set non-embossed ship for about 2300.00.

It will be interesting what a peer to peer sale will bring.

Will let you know the outcome.

GC

Special thanks for the likes and excellent advice.
 
Back in the past I would often find similar pieces in thrift stores for a few dollars and use them in silver refining experiments. I don't know what a collector may or may not pay for a name brand piece of silver plate but one thing is certain, the silver on it is worth something if you can remove it and refine it. Funny enough, with the price of silver as high as it is, you may be better off trying to remove the silver plating and simply selling that instead of the peice itself.
 
Back in the past I would often find similar pieces in thrift stores for a few dollars and use them in silver refining experiments. I don't know what a collector may or may not pay for a name brand piece of silver plate but one thing is certain, the silver on it is worth something if you can remove it and refine it. Funny enough, with the price of silver as high as it is, you may be better off trying to remove the silver plating and simply selling that instead of the peice itself.
Have definitely considered that idea.
On the bright side the embossing and hallmarks and confirmation from the manufacturer of value may enable us to make a peer to peer sale at a nice premium well above the silver value.

The hallmarks and present sale price at the manufacturers website of new editions are providing great pricing context for an embossed anemone PJ champagne bucket.

That said according the the hallmarks with the Roman numeral I along side the chess piece seems to indicate the highest grade and quantity of silver for the plating.

Thank you for the kind feedback.

GC
 
Being it's made by Christofle, I would think it would sell for quite a bit more that most any other silver plate champagne buckets. Ive sold a few pieces of Christofle in the past on ebay and everyone one of them had made a decent profit. I got a good sized Christofle silver plate platter tucked away beside a bookshelf. I think I payed less than six bucks for it. I've seen similar ones on ebay go for around $400. All I know is I'm fairly confident I can make a few bucks on it if I ever get around to listing it. The name Christofle goes without saying it is high end merchandise in the way of silver plate. The quality of Christofle really stands out compared to other silver plate imo.
 
Back in the past I would often find similar pieces in thrift stores for a few dollars and use them in silver refining experiments. I don't know what a collector may or may not pay for a name brand piece of silver plate but one thing is certain, the silver on it is worth something if you can remove it and refine it. Funny enough, with the price of silver as high as it is, you may be better off trying to remove the silver plating and simply selling that instead of the peice itself.
Have definitely considered that idea.
On the bright side the embossing and hallmarks and confirmation from the manufacturer of value may enable us to make a peer to peer sale at a nice premium well above the silver value.

The hallmarks and present sale price at the manufacturers website of new editions are providing great pricing context for an embossed anemone PJ champagne bucket.

That said according the the hallmarks with the Roman numeral I along side the chess piece seems to indicate the highest grade and quantity of silver for the plating.

Thank you for the kind feedback.

GC
Being it's made by Christofle, I would think it would sell for quite a bit more that most any other silver plate champagne buckets. Ive sold a few pieces of Christofle in the past on ebay and everyone one of them had made a decent profit. I got a good sized Christofle silver plate platter tucked away beside a bookshelf. I think I payed less than six bucks for it. I've seen similar ones on ebay go for around $400. All I know is I'm fairly confident I can make a few bucks on it if I ever get around to listing it. The name Christofle goes without saying it is high end merchandise in the way of silver plate. The quality of Christofle really stands out compared to other silver plate imo.
Hello Tamrock,

Great news! Our research backs up your comment perfectly. It seems the item I showed was made before the 1000-unit production run in 1995.

Right now, for the mass release, one is selling for $1100.

We’re doing some heritage research on ours because it looks like it might be from an earlier run. As you mentioned, the silver plate is truly exceptional.

Thanks again for your valuable commentary. It seems collectors are paying a premium for these articles, and they’ve generally appreciated due to the brand, artisanal work, and plating/silver quality.

I hope the silver tray sells at a fair price for you.

Sadly, some dealers and others offer unusually low quotes to make higher profits from other private buyers.

The luxury resale marketplace is fascinating.

GC
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom