What's new

Cimarron River near Dover, OK more then $6,000.00 Lost in Train Wreck 1906.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
⛭ Moderator
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2003
Messages
96,875
Reaction score
76,326
Golden Thread
2
🥇 Banner finds
1
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wonder if it dried up by now.



Rock Island Argus.
(Rock Island, Ill.), 17 Oct. 1906.

000aaa.webp
https://chroniclingamerica.loc.gov/...=&proxValue=&dateFilterType=yearRange&page=48
 
If it was paper it would have disinagrated by now....but it would be fun to look for.
 
If it was paper it would have disinagrated by now....but it would be fun to look for.

Not Necessarily. If Tightly Rapped US currency,
Especially in Air Free Mud.
(I don't know the consistency of Deep Quicksand)
It may have Turned into blocks of petrified glop.

it would probably take the mint to separate and count though
 
Not Necessarily. If Tightly Rapped US currency,
Especially in Air Free Mud.
(I don't know the consistency of Deep Quicksand)
It may have Turned into blocks of petrified glop.

it would probably take the mint to separate and count though
Only way I would be able to claim anything is if there was a reward for the return. If not just keep as paperweight....some things are not worth revealing
 
I grew up there and passed the wreckage twice a day for 18 years. I've been in, under, around, and through that wreck. When it wrecked they just left it there to support the RR trestle and bridge which is now abandoned.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom