Civil war clip corner buckle with soldiers name carved, value.

Barney07

Feb 3, 2022
I rarely sell any of the relics I find but I want to buy a new machine so I'm considering selling something to pay for it. But I don't want to get ripped off again. I have what I've been told is a pre war virginia militia clip corner buckle with a soldiers name intricately carved on the front. It was found by me around 1990 about 2 blocks from the Fairfax city courthouse with permission in a construction site. I've seen that buckle advertised online for a few hundred dollars but with the name carved I know it's more valuable. Any ideas on its possible value would be appreciated before I list it. I sold a very rare button to buy my last machine then found out later that the purchaser sold it for twice what he gave me.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to TreasureNet.

It is okay to try to dget a value, but we require members to be a charter member to sell here so please do not try to sell here until you are a charter member. ($20.00 a year)

traveller777

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & Explorer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome Barney. Even if you do not decide to go Charter and sell it, please post pictures when referencing and object. It helps.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread