What's new

Civil War friction fuse

treasurehound

Bronze Member
Joined
Jan 23, 2008
Messages
1,501
Reaction score
376
Golden Thread
1
Location
Morristown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 4500,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Garrett AT GOLD with NEL coil,
Garrett Sea Hunter
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Found this in a civil war site and was wondering if it is part of a friction fuse.
 

Attachments

  • DSC01038.webp
    DSC01038.webp
    51.2 KB · Views: 472
Randy.
Hey Partner. When you dug that yesterday I was thinking the same thing but, hauling around that 900 pound shovel burned some of my brain cells :D
 

Attachments

  • images.webp
    images.webp
    1.1 KB · Views: 581
Upvote 0
4-H said:
Randy.
Hey Partner. When you dug that yesterday I was thinking the same thing but, hauling around that 900 pound shovel burned some of my brain cells :D

Man that has got the be the heaviest shovel I have ever seen. Have you ever thought about putting wheels on it? lol

You should get some pictures of it. I really enjoyed our hunt yesterday. Can't wait to do it again.
 
Upvote 0
I told the Blacksmith " hey, I have to tote this thing through the forest so it's got to be light" oh well... I can always use it as part of a gladiator costume...right? :D
 
Upvote 0
Spooky said:
treasurehound said:
4-H said:
Randy.
Hey Partner. When you dug that yesterday I was thinking the same thing but, hauling around that 900 pound shovel burned some of my brain cells :D

Man that has got the be the heaviest shovel I have ever seen. Have you ever thought about putting wheels on it? lol

You should get some pictures of it. I really enjoyed our hunt yesterday. Can't wait to do it again.

What was it, one of those lesche 'predator' deals?


Oh and to the OP, yes I think it IS. (part of a friction fuse)
No Brian I just thought I would design and have Blacksmith buld me a tough forest digging shovel....I got the gladiator stick
 
Upvote 0
treasurehound said:
4-H said:
Randy.
Hey Partner. When you dug that yesterday I was thinking the same thing but, hauling around that 900 pound shovel burned some of my brain cells :D

Man that has got the be the heaviest shovel I have ever seen. Have you ever thought about putting wheels on it? lol

You should get some pictures of it. I really enjoyed our hunt yesterday. Can't wait to do it again.
you should try one like this:
 

Attachments

  • digger.webp
    digger.webp
    18.2 KB · Views: 403
Upvote 0
SkyPirate said:
treasurehound said:
4-H said:
Randy.
Hey Partner. When you dug that yesterday I was thinking the same thing but, hauling around that 900 pound shovel burned some of my brain cells :D

Man that has got the be the heaviest shovel I have ever seen. Have you ever thought about putting wheels on it? lol

You should get some pictures of it. I really enjoyed our hunt yesterday. Can't wait to do it again.
you should try one like this:
I'm telling you!
That little ACE shovel is TOUGH.
I see more guys using these.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom