What's new

Civil War LEAD and a few 1900s goodies

Patriot Relics

Silver Member
Joined
Feb 6, 2014
Messages
3,712
Reaction score
5,634
Golden Thread
5
Location
Lowcountry, South Carolina / Richmond, Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
5
Detector(s) used
CTX-3030, Deus XP II
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hey guys,

Sorry for the delay, but wanted to share a few modest finds from my hunt last weekend. Gheenoe78 and I have had our eye on a potential battery site for some time however it hasn't produced much. Needing to scratch the itch before heading out of town, I set out on the yak and worked the adjacent bank. The site was riddled with modern copper bullets and buck shot so I really didn't give much attention to the few targets I did recover. Upon arriving home and sorting the digs it is clear that it was a turn of the century shooting range...given the 1900s era president's suspender clip, 1908 V Nickle and dozens of modern bullets.

20151113_094309_resized.webp20151113_094319_resized.webp20151111_194235_resized.webp

The surprise came in the form a this curious brass tip and CW lead bullets. It received a mixed ID in the"What is It forum" as a possible scabbard tip, however the lead ended up being a fragmented 3 ringer and my 3rd Whitworth sharpshooter bullet (only after removing the outer shell of corrosion did I realize that it wasn't a modern shotgun slug).

20151108_153844_resized.webp20151111_193923_resized.webp20151113_094239_resized.webp

All in all not a killer hunt, but better than a skunk :laughing7: Thanks for looking
 
Upvote 16
FAR from a skunk, my friend!
 
Not your typical hunt!
But definitely a decent day.
 
Looks like a fine hunt to me! Congratz!
 
Nice assortment of relics you have there... :thumbsup:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom