billjustbill

Bronze Member
Feb 23, 2008
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab SN/XS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With COVID to contend with, going through a dumpster sitting inside the security fence at a storage company where I have a storage bay has been limited. But over the past 8 months, I have found all these things usually toward the end of a month as they emptied and left their monthly cost burden.

The rolling Sears' tool cabinet apparently went in and came out the side sliding door, less the removable wooden work top, as it cleared the dumpster's opening by less than 1/4" of an inch... ;>) All the drawers slide out and in smoothly.

A box of mother board computer chips; some still sealed in their plastic and foam padded boxes. They may be old collectible parts and/or recycled for the small amounts of gold.

The small Senco "Hot Dog" air compressor and the matching finish nailer is still sold as a combo on Amazon for about $200. Motor I.D. tag said it was made in 2007, but works fine and only takes less than 3 minutes to fill-up and cutoff at 110lbs of tank pressure. Inside the large cardboard box was 3 yellow self coiling plastic air hoses, several pair of male and female brass air hose connectors, and assorted tire stem air fillers and air nozzle heads.

Along with retrieving a "Repop" of an old piano stool chair, it is scary to find envelopes of old bills and even discarded credit cards. I found an unopened Christmas card from 2018. Inside a note from "Grandma and Grandpa" and a $20 dollar bill!

Attachments

• IMG_1988.JPG
    IMG_1988.JPG
    600.5 KB · Views: 228
  • IMG_1974.JPG
    IMG_1974.JPG
    515.6 KB · Views: 232
  • IMG_1990.JPG
    IMG_1990.JPG
    533.1 KB · Views: 197
  • IMG_1993.JPG
    IMG_1993.JPG
    406.7 KB · Views: 198
  • IMG_1546[1].JPG
    IMG_1546[1].JPG
    337.6 KB · Views: 199

Philippe

Dec 9, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have formed the same conclusion as to how items of value came to be located in waste deposits. Mistakes and oversights. Finding such items of value has induced mixed emotions in the past. I have despaired for society but I have now accepted the probable carelessness of those who are responsible.

I have found handy sums of cash, solid gold jewellery and notable artistic sculptures. Clothing, electronics, hobby collections and various wares, decorative pieces and home furnishings in excellent or unused condition.

And plenty of socks :walk:

UNIVBFan

Apr 2, 2013
Iowa
Primary Interest:
Other
About 20 years ago when I was in college (gosh I feel old just saying that), the end of the semester was always nice. On top of all the cans and bottles ($0.05 redemption) from the year-end parties, several "poor college kids" would throw away actual money. One year I found nearly $10 in change in the garbage to go along with the $30-40 in cans. I mean, who throws away actual money! Very sad. I'm sure it's probably just as bad or worse now.

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I myself THROW EVERYTING CRAFTSMAN away !!

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice haul! Don't know why anybody would throw a Craftsman tool away. I still use Craftsman hand tools and electric tools that I have had for well over 50 years. I wouldn't trade my Craftsman circular saw for any other saw on the market today. I also have a roll-around tool box that belonged to my father. It has to be from the early 1950's.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice haul! Don't know why anybody would throw a Craftsman tool away. I still use Craftsman hand tools and electric tools that I have had for well over 50 years. I wouldn't trade my Craftsman circular saw for any other saw on the market today. I also have a roll-around tool box that belonged to my father. It has to be from the early 1950's.
I also am a Craftsman fan... I sold off 95% of my Snap-On ... Proto... SK... Matco... Mac... Wright and others. (due to the willingness of those who will pay top dollar for it just for the name and bragging)
The prices for Snap on are ridiculous... and its no better than husky.
Mostly because i could not get replacements if and when i needed... beings i am not a mechanic.
95% of what i currently own is Craftsman now and i strive to find the older craftsman at sales or wherever.
The "V" and "VV" series are bar none.
Love em.

Gare... you can throw out all your Craftsman my way.

Last edited:

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
I also am a Craftsman fan... I sold off 95% of my Snap-On ... Proto... SK... Matco... Mac... Wright and others. (due to the willingness of those who will pay top dollar for it just for the name and bragging)
The prices for Snap on are ridiculous... and its no better than husky.
Mostly because i could not get replacements if and when i needed... beings i am not a mechanic.
95% of what i currently own is Craftsman now and i strive to find the older craftsman at sales or wherever.
The "V" and "VV" series are bar none.
Love em.

Gare... you can throw out all your Craftsman my way.
I also like the older Mastercraft tools. I still have a lot of them, too.

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't have any left or i would. Got rid of that stuff years ago !!!

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do own some of the above mentioned ones in the 5%... ones i really like... or i cannot find a replacement.
For example...
Stubby ratchet snap on... stubby reverse ratcheting screwdriver set alos snap... and a few others that i really like and use often... BUT... they are all the vintage older styles.
Also... Proto 18inch braker bar with ratcheting head.
Set of Proto impacts... and on and on.

Blackfoot58

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2023
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Simplex+
Drive around student housing areas at the U of Iowa at the end of the school year (May). Mind blowing piles free for the taking: furniture, books, musical instruments, collectibles, bbq grills, you name it. I’m sure most larger college towns are the same. Student goes home for summer, apartment goes to summer students. Can’t afford to haul it home.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread