Apr 20, 2009
Lowcountry, South Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus !
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
If you think about it , I bet the officer that war this button took part in impressing US sailors on the high seas in 1811. That was the main reason we went to war with England again in 1812. I'm sure they were still upset we kicked their butts during the revolutionary war too though .I found this one the other day at the site of an old cotton plantation the British burned during 1812 along the South Carolina coast. I wondered how it got to where I was detecting? I read where they never invaded SC ( probably knew better ) but they blockaded port royal sound .They sent out raiding parties to burn large cotton plantations in Beaufort and on Hilton Head.Well that explains how it got there.You just never know the history that's under our feet.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    470.6 KB · Views: 93
Last edited:
Upvote 14

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As always I’m blown away at the condition of your early military buttons. Keep em coming. I have a screenshot of your incredible group of buttons as motivation lol

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Well done. Very nice save.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Beautiful button! :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread