What's new

Cleaning relics with vinegar, before and after pics

tamiller

Greenie
Joined
Oct 29, 2018
Messages
14
Reaction score
64
Golden Thread
0
Location
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
These are pictures of a Civil War Springfield musket rear sight. It was a two position sight that had a slide for elevation. The pictures are as it was found and after four days of soaking in white vinegar and scrubbing with a toothbrush.


Enfield musket rear sight.webp IMG_0418.webp
 
Nice!! At first glance I thought it was a Batmobile Hot Wheel...lol
 
They say that Black Molasses also does a nice job and it won't remove any paint....the down fall to using it is it takes up to a couple of Months or longer.
 
Awesome job I actually soaked a bucket of metal and iron bling in vinager and being lazy its frozen in the 5 gallon bucket outside been about 2 months hope it worked lol oooops
 
Your post actually is what reminded me of my bucket
 
I thought that it did an awesome job, at least now it is quite easily identified.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom