What's new

Coil for tiger shark?

kingvegan

Jr. Member
Joined
Sep 11, 2014
Messages
94
Reaction score
138
Golden Thread
0
Location
Sonoma county CA
Detector(s) used
whites 5900, Tesoro Tiger Shark on order
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I guess my coil is bad on my tiger shark so I am going to try and splice a new coil onto the thing. Does anyone know what coil I should try? I am not opposed to building my own coil, if I knew the specs I should be aiming for. Thanx.
 
Guessing that it’s one of the later, hard-wired coils (?). I would try the 5 pin, 8” concentric “donut”. Those are relatively common. The 5 pin 10” donut is harder to come by and more expensive. Take a look at the number of wires you have before deciding though. It could be a four pin, but I’d bet it’s the 5.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom