What's new

coin cleaning

keystonecops

Jr. Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2014
Messages
75
Reaction score
53
Golden Thread
0
Location
salem or
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT-Ace 150
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I know better than to rub coins, what about water and an old toothbrush out in the field. Thanks Clyde
 
Maybe a small squirt bottle. I'm too lazy to carry too much into the hunt because I have too much to carry out. :laughing7:
 
I recently destroyed an 1866 shield nickel buy giving it a light field cleaning with a toothbrush. I did this on site cause I was to impatient to read date. From now on, I'm going to leave dug coins alone. Then give them a good soak in water when home. Good luck...
Peace
 
Thanks CK. I will wait till I get home. Later Clyde
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom