Coin error?

Coinasaurus

Tenderfoot
Nov 4, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
19789penny.jpg
So I found this penny and was wondering if anyone can clarify the type of error this is called. What it is worth if anything. The coin is in good condition for it being from 1978/1979 (Not sure which year is legit kind of weird that that number is the only number error'd like it was pressed 2 different years) not sure if it works like that but any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks :D

P.S. It's not this color I just used a low exposure with flash method to bring some details out that normally my camera phone wouldn't allow.

OP
OP
C

Coinasaurus

Tenderfoot
Nov 4, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That dark spot next to the 8 isn't there actually just a film anomaly. But i'm not sure maybe if I can get my hands on a better camera you can see the detail I can see with a magnifying glass and a led light. and thank you for the timely reply. I have a ton more coins that need an expert opinion if interested.

Duke

Jun 11, 2009
Woodstock N.Y.
Detector(s) used
QXT
No mint error that I know of for that coin ,got dented and when I was a kid I actually tried scraping words and dates of a couple pennies with a buck knife

l.cutler

Silver Member
Dec 2, 2006
NEPA
Detector(s) used
Tejon, Cibola, T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep, the side of the 8 took a hit.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread