Coinstar Silver

gilgar

Mar 18, 2009
A Little South of Heaven
Detector(s) used
Garrett Treasure Ace 300
Just found a 1964 silver dime and 19 copper pennies (but no wheats) just sitting there in the reject tray of the coinstar in my local grocery a few minutes ago. I spotted all the pennies walking up to it and then saw some silver peeking thru, nothing really special but I always like finding silver in those machines, that's like 3 or 4 now.

Also finally found cash in an ATM earlier this week, $20. First time ever, I've been reading about that here for a couple of years now and finally found something.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on the finds. The Walmart that is close by has never had any goodies in the reject slot for me. I have found a penny a few feet away on the floor. A friend at work was with her boyfriend when he pulled a little over $31 out of a coinstar, mixture of silver coins and other clad. Got to be at the right place at the right time I guess.

UnderMiner

Silver Member
Jul 27, 2014
New York City
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just imagine how many silver and gold coins are forgotten in those return slots each year. Probably millions of dollars worth. Great score! :treasurechest::thumbsup:

whammy

Oct 23, 2012
Conquest New York
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision, DFX, Eagle Spectrum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You folks are so lucky to find coinstar stuff. Our town is so small it squeaks. If you find anything in the coinstar, you'd probably have to arm wrestle for it, but I still look. Heehee, couple nickles and it's party time. :laughing7:

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've only found trash items in the coin star....but one day hopefully I will find silver...or gold...keys to a Lexus, :laughing7:

OP
OP
gilgar

gilgar

Mar 18, 2009
A Little South of Heaven
Detector(s) used
Garrett Treasure Ace 300
They'll show up eventually. I'd probably find more if I went more often but I hardly ever go buy groceries anymore.

I did find another the other day, at least I'm counting it as coinstar silver. The coinstar was empty but about 3 steps past it, I spotted a dime on the floor. When I picked it up I noticed the color was off for a regular dime and sure enough, it was a 1964. score!

UnderMiner

Silver Member
Jul 27, 2014
New York City
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Coinstar silver is the best silver. I even once heard a tale of gold coins from one of those machines... or so the legends say. :treasurechest::thumbsup: Lol, just realized how old this thread is and that I commented on here before lol.

clv

Dec 23, 2012
santee, ca
Detector(s) used
Current Detectors; Minelab Safari, Equinox 600
TRX Pin Pointer, Fisher 1235x
Have owned; Minelab Eureka gold,
Tesoro Compadre, White's MX5, GMT, MXT Pro,
fisher cz7a pro, go fine 20, Garret Ma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At a fee of 10.9 percent to use the Coinstar it's like highway robbery, either these people don't read the fine print or don't know that most credit union have a coin machine in the lobby for it's customers to use free of charge. I will be heading to my credit union soon to cash in all my clad coins from hunting the local beaches. Since Feb to now I have over $150 clad in my big canvas bag to cash out.:icon_thumright:

NEPADIGGER7

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2013
Downtown Lehman
Detector(s) used
minelab safari,whites m6, AT Pro, Ace 250 and whites coin master, Garrett AT propointer (garrett carrot), Lesche hand digger, 5x8 & 8.5x11 DD coils for the Pro, Camera is Ion Air Pro 3
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's awesome 3-4 more than me u guys always get there before I do!!! Lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread