Patriot Relics
Silver Member
Hey guys,
Recently got back to the states and hit a few of my go to sites in SC. Up first was the British Camp site that produced the 3rd/19th Regimental buttons. Gheenoe78 and I have been back to the site quite a few times so the targets are getting scarce. That being said, I did manage another dropped .75 caliber brown bess round ball...and an unexpected megaladon shark tooth
. Leave it to a solid surface find to save the hunt.


Left the woods and headed to another site that has seen some recent erosion. Gheenoe78 managed a killer 1812 brass cuff button, however I did recover a three early pewters. The most intriguing one has a roped edge, similar to the British examples I've dug, but no additional markings on the front. Enjoy the pictures and thanks for looking!
Update: The tooth actually belongs to Carcharocles auriculatus- the first killer shark in the lineage of extinct Great White Sharks...and the predecessor to Megalodon





Recently got back to the states and hit a few of my go to sites in SC. Up first was the British Camp site that produced the 3rd/19th Regimental buttons. Gheenoe78 and I have been back to the site quite a few times so the targets are getting scarce. That being said, I did manage another dropped .75 caliber brown bess round ball...and an unexpected megaladon shark tooth
. Leave it to a solid surface find to save the hunt.

Left the woods and headed to another site that has seen some recent erosion. Gheenoe78 managed a killer 1812 brass cuff button, however I did recover a three early pewters. The most intriguing one has a roped edge, similar to the British examples I've dug, but no additional markings on the front. Enjoy the pictures and thanks for looking!
Update: The tooth actually belongs to Carcharocles auriculatus- the first killer shark in the lineage of extinct Great White Sharks...and the predecessor to Megalodon






Last edited:
Upvote
20








