What's new

Colonial Pommel or Knob?

Valley Ranger

Silver Member
Joined
Mar 24, 2011
Messages
2,523
Reaction score
1,396
Golden Thread
0
Location
Shenandoah Valley
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Makro Racer 2, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I found this item the other day on a colonial home site and immediately assumed it was some type of furniture pull. However, after getting it home and cleaning it up some, I'm thinking it might be some kind of pommel. It's rather crude, hollow and the square holed side looks, based on the break, like it was attached to metal. It also has a seam. I ran it by another colonial relic expert and he's kinda thinking the same thing.

Thoughts?

brassknob1.webpbrassknob2.webpbrassknob3.webp
 
Nice find. Looks to me like it could be the end of a curtain rod.
 
Upvote 0
*Note*

post moved to What is it
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom