Colonial settlers were blazing it! 420 pipestems and more from the pits with Isaac!

Pacivilwarluke

Feb 15, 2013
York PA, Edisto Beach SC, Shepherdstown WV
Detector(s) used
xp deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Wow what a day today in the colonial pits in SC! First a thank you to Bill D. For urging me to use a sifter! It helped immensely! Ended up with exactly 420 pipestems and bowls! Also tons of pottery, hammer, hoe, hand iron, and Isaac got a half of a Georgian wig curler! I also got a very old bottle top, some musketballs, crystal/ glass goblet, dad got 6 buttons a escutcheon plate, some saddle parts etc. we had a blast and we are really tired now, dug for about 5 hours! HH!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 198
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    733.9 KB · Views: 199
Upvote 17
OP
OP
Pacivilwarluke

Pacivilwarluke

Feb 15, 2013
York PA, Edisto Beach SC, Shepherdstown WV
Detector(s) used
xp deus
Primary Interest:
Other

flatbutton

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2013
Eastern N.C.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE, Tesoro Sand Shark,Nautilus DMC 1, Garrett Grand Master Hunter,Garrett Master Hunter 5 , Whites Coinmaster 5000/D
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DANG! makes me want to go back to the site where this stuff came from and screen it! 001.JPG 002.JPG

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
UNREAL COLONIAL FINDS YOU HAVE THERE FROM THE BUTTONS TO THE PIPE STEMS AND WIG CURLER AND THE HOE AND SAD IRON SEEMS LIKE YOU HAD A GOOD DAY LUKE. NICE BUNCH OF RELICS AND CANT GET OVER ALL THE PIPE STEMS.

Bill D. (VA)

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2008
SE Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
F75 SE (land); CZ-21 (saltwater)
Primary Interest:
Other
Thank you! Yes, 1750s to 1820s, and there was a tavern somewhere that I'm thinking I may have found finally! I'm know here near done, there are many other pits I haven't even dug out, but I'm heading home to PA so they'll have to wait for my college break in December. Woods will be better then too! I love the combed slipware, although I wish everything wasn't so smashed. I supposed beggar can't be choosers! I'm still stoked to have a cool site down here, and I'm thinking I will be able to get well over 500 next time I'm down. Every bucket seemed to have 10 in it!

Luke - by the way, I wrote a detailed article in one of the detecting magazines a couple years ago about colonial clay pipes. If you're interested in a pdf copy, shoot me a PM with your email and I'll make sure you get it.

46Wheat

Silver Member
May 23, 2014
Upstate NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac / Equinox 800 / 8.5x11 DD and 5x8 DD coil /
Garrett ProPointer / Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That looks like a fun day

Top Member Reactions