Conductive ground

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I didn’t explain this quite right. A VLF signal through a conductive media creates a Lenz effect. Recall dropping a magnet through a copper or aluminum tube and it drops much slower than what gravity would cause. This is because there is an opposing magnetic field created just in front of the magnet. Probably not the exact same situation with a VLF signal through a conductor, but the same effect—it creates an opposing magnetic field. Kinda counter-intuitive here, you would think a conductor would be a good signal. Saltwater is a conductor. I hate to break the bad news, but VLF signal does not go through saltwater very well at all. I read the signal is gone after two meters, but other say 10 -over 100 meters. But remember these are high power for submarine communications 250kw up to 1000kw. SUbmarines have to trail an antenna up very near the surface.

OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I didn’t explain this quite right. A VLF signal through a conductive media creates a Lenz effect. Recall dropping a magnet through a copper or aluminum tube and it drops much slower than what gravity would cause. This is because there is an opposing magnetic field created just in front of the magnet. Probably not the exact same situation with a VLF signal through a conductor, but the same effect—it creates an opposing magnetic field. Kinda counter-intuitive here, you would think a conductor would be a good signal. Saltwater is a conductor. I hate to break the bad news, but VLF signal does not go through saltwater very well at all. I read the signal is gone after two meters, but other say 10 -over 100 meters. But remember these are high power for submarine communications 250kw up to 1000kw. SUbmarines have to trail an antenna up very near the surface.
I’ve never done any experiments with saltwater, but I suggest using a magnet with a sample on top or sandwiched between two magnets with North Pole point up. You’ll have to strap the two magnets together because they will oppose. Problem here is if the water is moving I think there is still going to be some Lens effect, but time it right so the current is minimal.

I saw a video where a guy was demonstrating the Lens effect but them he put the magnet in a tube of saltwater. Didn’t seem to slow down. But remember the magnet has mass to it, a vlf wave does not. ANyway, that’s my story and I’m sticking to it. LOL

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread