tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
These are from last weekend and today. I took my dogs out in the open-space park this last weekend and the weather was very nice in around the mid 60's, but the clouds are rising high into thunderheads and you can tell we're in for a change in the weather. Week before we saw the first of temps hitting 80's and tomorrow it will only be a high of 46 degrees. Today I went to see some miners back up in the hills working on starting the job of getting an old mine back to being a producer again they hope. It's pretty high up in the hills and winter is still hanging on up there.

Attachments

• walk 051819 1.jpg
    walk 051819 1.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 47
  • walk 051819 3.jpg
    walk 051819 3.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 45
  • walk 051819 4.jpg
    walk 051819 4.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 41
  • drive 052019 1.jpg
    drive 052019 1.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 53
  • drive 052019 2.jpg
    drive 052019 2.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 53
  • drive 052019 3.jpg
    drive 052019 3.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 46

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That fourth photo is a picture worth framing. Take it one of photo places like Costco and have blown up into a picture on the wall.

Here is one from over at Nye Mt. just past the mine.

File #1 491.JPG

Last edited:
OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That fourth photo is a picture worth framing. Take it one of photo places like Costco and have blown up into a picture on the wall.

Here is one from over at Nye Mt. just past the mine.

View attachment 1714478
Nice shot. I've wandered up in there before and even gone under that stream once. The seeping water was coming down like rain below in the mine and I got soaking wet. I chose to ride in the back of an underground truck and when they exit the mine it was weather like that going on outside... I may head up your way just for a wellness check on Stillwater before things get to expensive to stay up there. I am doing a small amount of business selling the scaling bars. They're what's used to knock down the loose rock overhead in the freshly blasted tunnels. It's pretty unique with the spring colors and snow added to it. The weather said we might see a little dusting when we wake up this morning. To me it flat out looks like it snowed through the night here this morning and the trees which have leaves now I'll be picking up some fallen branches I see out in the front yard.

Attachments

• IMG_20190521_053110894.jpg
    IMG_20190521_053110894.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 40
Last edited:
OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It was 84 here yesterday.:laughing7:

GOD Bless

Chris
Well with what's going on here in the Rocky's it's sure to move east and join up with the moist gulf air and stir up some bad storms through the Midwest. They'll be some tornadoes out that way.

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beautiful pictures tamrock! I love the colors in that top picture!
That's Longs Peak. I just watched a show on PBS I think it was and they mentioned that in the pioneer day those heading to the front range on the central Kansas trail to Denver were told as soon as Longs Peak and Pikes Peak rise on the horizon just head West in between the two mountains and that'll get you on the right track to Denver. I wonder what those old overland travelers would have thought of our GPS's in our hands today

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had those on Sunday.

View attachment 1714559

We average 19 a year and have already had 14 this year. 8 of them too close to home. :BangHead:
Yikes. I watched a twister just about like that run into a metal grain silo once. The silo collapsed and spun around and fell over and the twister sucked back up in the cloud. It was like that twister had the mind to just come down and take out that silo.

diggingthe1

Silver Member
Feb 11, 2015
Victor, CO...City of Mines
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ800, Ex2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had those on Sunday.

View attachment 1714559

We average 19 a year and have already had 14 this year. 8 of them too close to home. :BangHead:
Those sure freak me out. I am sure you have a good plan. I think we are going to see more of them up here in the Rocky’s. We have seen a few. I get to go drive in the deep slush one of my favorites:(

diggingthe1

Silver Member
Feb 11, 2015
Victor, CO...City of Mines
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ800, Ex2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's Longs Peak. I just watched a show on PBS I think it was and they mentioned that in the pioneer day those heading to the front range on the central Kansas trail to Denver were told as soon as Longs Peak and Pikes Peak rise on the horizon just head West in between the two mountains and that'll get you on the right track to Denver. I wonder what those old overland travelers would have thought of our GPS's in our hands today
I have been told the inexperienced travelers mistook Greenhorn Mountain for Pikes Peak. It is to the south of Pikes Peak. They were still probably better off without the cell phones in my opinion.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Outstanding photos...thank you for sharing! :occasion14:

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I haven't been in a tornado watch now for about 15 years. Or even a real hailstorm. I still kinda miss the storms on the southern plains though. TR snow moved in on us and still snowing but not much of a problem, beside being a nasty wet snow that's already created havoc on I-70. I'm read for spring to start.

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I haven't been in a tornado watch now for about 15 years. Or even a real hailstorm. I still kinda miss the storms on the southern plains though. TR snow moved in on us and still snowing but not much of a problem, beside being a nasty wet snow that's already created havoc on I-70. I'm read for spring to start.
I was hearing on the radio a few of the ski resorts we'll run this coming weekend. I did talk to a guy in Durango today who said Wolf Creek or maybe Telluride he said was gonna to open up for this holiday weekend also. I guess you know what that means up in your neck of the woods?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread