Copper Monogram

demnos

Oct 23, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
122150183_3410600555644529_3677722005370035424_n.jpg 0ma8g3fo6yu51.jpg ajmjp5op6yu51.jpg ttprna1p6yu51.jpg

Found this in my yard in SE Wisconsin about a foot deep. Feels heavy for its size, but I accidently scarred the edge with my shovel and it appears to be solid copper.

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/today-s-finds/129494-not-real-sure-what.html?fbclid=IwAR0dnq9sMvPlU3KYuvNsF3i-L7lD5AOgqADS_PxdzF8Mav3Z7Jjc1DMaihs

This old post has the same exact monogram, but mine is slightly larger and possibly slightly thinner. A nickel is almost exactly the same size as the small circle in the middle of mine.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to TreasureNet Demnos ! at First Sight "Love Token" Came to mind But It's Not .

Hopefully when Others Wake up Someone will Recognize it.

by the way Love tokens had Designs like that in the second Half of the 1800's
Hopefully it's that old also :coffee2:

Upvote 0

Sod Buster

Jun 14, 2014
NE Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, White's Bullseye TRX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I see FMCO....Ford Motor Company maybe?

Edit: Sorry, I see now that Ford Motor Company was ruled out in the thread you attached.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

invent4hir

Bronze Member
Aug 1, 2017
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i & DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
demnos, that is an interesting artifact and I like what you did in the 3rd picture. Seeing the screw holes, my first thought was a bicycle badge. What is the diameter? What else was found nearby? Any history on the property would be helpful.

Upvote 0

Anduril

Bronze Member
Aug 31, 2015
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI-2500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
IDK, but I agree the order of importance is indeed F-M-C then O, as the "F" is the most prominently featured letter.
And the "Co" probably means "company". (?)

Upvote 0
OP
OP
D

demnos

Oct 23, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
demnos, that is an interesting artifact and I like what you did in the 3rd picture. Seeing the screw holes, my first thought was a bicycle badge. What is the diameter? What else was found nearby? Any history on the property would be helpful.

It's about Ø 4". I dug deeper and found a small green glass bottle, some rusted iron scraps, bits of wire, and an old hammer head, so nothing I think is related. I live on the outskirts of an old industrial city near an old Case Tractor plant and about a 1/4 mile from an old college/military college/convent that was established around 1850. My neighborhood itself has been a residential area since at least the 1950s, but I can't find an history on the immediate area before that.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread