What's new

copper pennies??

whitesid

Bronze Member
Joined
Aug 7, 2006
Messages
1,794
Reaction score
124
Golden Thread
0
Location
earth
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i just started saving copper pennies today :-[ i have saved up about $5 worth so far just from my change around the house. i know that they are worth about 2 cents a penny. but was wondering where/if you guys sell them for that much?
 
Upvote 0
I have a couple of boxes worth of these pre 82's myself but I have no idea what I am going to do with them.

I saw where someone on E-Bay was selling them and got more than face value for them but not double face value. I think it was like 1 1/2 times face.
 
I stopped at a coin shop that is relocating the other day and saw bags of pre-83 pennies and pre-60 nickels for sale at 2X face!
 
mountainman 2 said:
I don't save them myself but i will keep them on the side for you the next time I see you. Also holding onto at least 200 dollars in Ikes .I'm more into the wheats and pre-1960 canadian cents.
you don't have to do that for me, but thanks ;) ill be getting those ike went i see you next :)
 
i save anything 1968 and older, S mints, and the 1969 cents becuase they didn't make many.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom