What's new

Could it key?

hudsonlarking

Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 12, 2020
Messages
78
Reaction score
83
Golden Thread
0
Location
NYC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I thought it was iron garbage until I looked closer and saw it was two piece stuck together. I’m no key expert but I’ve found my fair share lately and none have been this rusty. The bigger one looks like it has some fancy to it. Are they like bike lock keys? Are they old or just more iron in them compared to most keys?

Thinking of soaking them in apple cider vinegar and seeing what happens.

F2E187F0-7FFB-42B1-8ABD-2FD36AE5BD5F.webp

5E9C93AB-411C-4DFA-9AAA-7B9618B9D005.webp

2DDCAB3A-1A63-4C5F-8134-2C7B88005A42.webp
 
In my opinion- I don't see a key , What I see is a spade tip to a drain cleanerimages.webp
 
Upvote 0
So I let them soak for about a week (probably too long) and look to 7C23F520-94E2-4F17-AB88-50D47EB14A42.webpbe keys. The bigger one had some sort of copper looking finish on it.

E7D350DA-98B1-440A-8472-8D241CCEF8B1.webp
 
Upvote 0
I no longer think it's a drain snake head. I agree on keys now that they are cleaned. vending machine keys to be more exact.download (1).webp
 
Upvote 0
Looks like a Chicago brand.
 
Upvote 0
I no longer think it's a drain snake head. I agree on keys now that they are cleaned. vending machine keys to be more exact.View attachment 1884299

Wow amazing. Thank you! Looks like a mix of the Chicago co and the bottom right one (can’t make out the name). Any ideas on the age?

I also wonder what that other key went to
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom