What's new

Crickets around here

Tesorodeoro

Silver Member
Joined
Jan 21, 2018
Messages
2,958
Reaction score
5,155
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seems like the Gold Monster 2000 is a big belly flop from the videos I’ve watched as far as being sensitive to small gold. Where is the advantage over say a Gold Bug 2? The GB2 with the reverse sounding hot rocks makes it so easy to walk past them compared to the GM 2000 where you have to look at a bar graph every time. Any opinions?
 
Upvote 0
Ive seen some mixed results but I havnt tried one so I cant really say but...Im not buying one. I have a couple vlf detectors that find gold small enough for me. Equinox 900 with the 6" coil and the non-conductive lower rod from steves detector rods is kicking butt for me. Nokta gold kruzer is a ver under ratted vlf for whatever reason. Ive had great success with it on tiny and huge gold in very hot ground. Here are some vlf gold finds without a $2000 vlf
I’m currently using the Makro Gold Racer. I’m just getting tired of how cheaply it’s built. It’s not as sensitive as the GB2, which I have many years using.

The Manticore seems like a crotch rocket of a VLF on small gold. Just concerned about how it reacts to mineralized ground. It seems to get upset every time it is set down or picked up. But I’ve only watched videos.
 
I had a gold racer as well. its a totally different detector than the gold kruzer,

yes the problem with the manticore and 900 is the carbon fiber lower shaft is conductive and makes the detector sound off all crazy when set down and picked up or whenever the coil pivots. The fix is a non conductive replacement lower rod from steves detector rods
I see. Trying to stay in some price point and taking shortcuts. . At least it’s not aluminum tubing!

Problem is ALL of the folks posting videos only really show the coil being swung over a target - back and forth. Most times they pick up multiple detectors and swing them over the same target. Doesn’t really give you an idea of how it sounds off on rock and mineralization.

I’ve only two locations that have been impossible detecting here, the bedrock is just a solid signal. These are large drainage basins, so I suppose a VLF designed to handle that and still get small surface finds could really pay off if it was a rich area. Otherwise it’s usually just scattered hot rocks.
I didn’t find your area incredibly mineralized, the one evening I detected there. Seems similar to a few areas not far north.
 
Last edited:
Problem is ALL of the folks posting videos only really show the coil being swung over a target - back and forth. Most times they pick up multiple detectors and swing them over the same target. Doesn’t really give you an idea of how it sounds off on rock and mineralization.
The second you watch anything and the person is waving a coil over planted test targets in those videos you know they are clueless.
Its like watching a review test drive of a car being driven backwards and forwards in a driveway of a person's house.
The second I see anyone doing that with a detector, stupid static tests, I stop watching. Pointless. I haven't tested my 2000 on one single buried target. I just take my detectors out actually detecting. Don't get me started on idiotic air tests.
Only reason I've gone quiet is im in a battle with cancer and pain from my last surgery has stopped me detecting, tried and got a couple of tiny bits but knew I wasn't ready. Im feeling not bad now though and I'd be out now for sure but im undergoing another surgery tomorrow so that'll put the breaks on me for a while yet.
If I was ok right now id be posting finds and experiences with it.
 
Last edited:
These are some interesting rocks for an "area" thats not very mineralized...
Those are great finds. Trust me I’m not following you around. I was under the impression you were detecting in the far northern part of California. Some of those rocks you posted look similar to what is found in parallel veins that run for fairly long distances through the brush.

My point was I hear how bad mineralization can be, But I guess here in Northern California, I’ve never really struggled terribly with a VLF with the exception of a couple places. Just not getting enough depth! Dang it.

Of course the geology changes dramatically as you change locations.
 
Sorry to hear that. You have some time to plan your next hunts. I’m not sure what season you’re in there right now, but here spring is just around the corner.
 
The second you watch anything and the person is waving a coil over planted test targets in those videos you know they are clueless.
Its like watching a review test drive of a car being driven backwards and forwards in a driveway of a person's house.
The second I see anyone doing that with a detector, stupid static tests, I stop watching. Pointless. I haven't tested my 2000 on one single buried target. I just take my detectors out actually detecting. Don't get me started on idiotic air tests.
Only reason I've gone quiet is im in a battle with cancer and pain from my last surgery has stopped me detecting, tried and got a couple of tiny bits but knew I wasn't ready. Im feeling not bad now though and I'd be out now for sure but im undergoing another surgery tomorrow so that'll put the breaks on me for a while yet.
If I was ok right now id be posting finds and experiences with it.
Best wishes on your upcoming surgery Chili! Thoughts and prayers are with you. God Bless!
 
Sorry to hear that. You have some time to plan your next hunts. I’m not sure what season you’re in there right now, but here spring is just around the corner.
Best wishes!
 
I had a gold racer as well. its a totally different detector than the gold kruzer,

yes the problem with the manticore and 900 is the carbon fiber lower shaft is conductive and makes the detector sound off all crazy when set down and picked up or whenever the coil pivots. The fix is a non conductive replacement lower rod from steves detector rods
Hmm, interesting. This is the first I am hearing of the 900/manticore lower rods being conductive. Where have you heard this, and is there any confirmation/proof from a reputable source? I'd like to check into that more. Thx
 
Sorry to hear that. You have some time to plan your next hunts. I’m not sure what season you’re in there right now, but here spring is just around the corner.
Thanks. Full on summer here with temps in the 30s to 40s Celsius. We get weather breaks though here n there in the 20s. Autumn Winter is my favorite time.
 
Thanks guys. All went well. 👍
Work hard to maintain a positive attitude. I’m a firm believer that people sometimes unknowingly “heal themselves” through a miracle of god. At least that’s what I attribute the Placebo affect to. It’s something that science has acknowledged, but not yet explained.
 
Work hard to maintain a positive attitude. I’m a firm believer that people sometimes unknowingly “heal themselves” through a miracle of god. At least that’s what I attribute the Placebo affect to. It’s something that science has acknowledged, but not yet explained.
Thanks very much for your kind words. I very much appreciate it.
Im a long time practicing Christian and put myself in His hands. 👍
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom