Baggins

RJGMC

Sep 6, 2008
KANSAS CITY METRO
Detector(s) used
SIMPLEX, EQUINOX AND TESORO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will be rolling in on Thursday before dark from Kansas City. I hate putting up a tent in the dark.

Bob

Baggins

Bronze Member
Jan 2, 2007
TEXAS
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV / Garrett Ace 250/Minelab X-Terra 70
I won't have a choice....Erika and I will be heading out of Dallas after she gets off of work on Friday...but we will be there directly! We can't wait!
Baggins

bill-USA

Jun 29, 2004
Somewhere in the US and probably in motion.
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Just a note. I know I'm not part of the camping group, but I wanted to let you (as a group) know that I hauled a 2K gasoline generator (Honda and quiet) in the back of my truck in case there is a need for on site power that is otherwise unavailable. Someone would have to take responsibility for it, and the gas in it is all that I'll donate, but it's available (might have to run a half hour or more to stabilize, hasn't run since mid July or slightly earlier). Small external tank for hauling gasoline is also available.

Let me know on this thread if you need it and want to take responsibility for it, so everyone will know where it will be. I am here through Tuesday morning so will either collect it then or earlier. It also has a 30 amp trailer adapter on it TC. :)

I will definitely spend some time around the campfire if it gets cool enough to enjoy one. See y'all when you get here or at the hunt!

Be safe!

I will look for responses tomorrow afternoon. Sorry, either sleeping or running around till then. (It's kinda late now.)

OP
OP
texan connection

texan connection

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minlabe SE, ace 250, fisher 1280x
Not sure we will need it, I appreciate your making it available, I will take care of it it you bring it.

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
I have the camp shower loaded...girls might wanna use it to wash bottle diggins out of their hair or something. Tis in the van already so holler if you wanna make use of it! Can't wait to see everyone!

bill-USA

Jun 29, 2004
Somewhere in the US and probably in motion.
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
TEXAN Connection said:
Not sure we will need it, I appreciate your making it available, I will take care of it it you bring it.
I'm here waiting for you TC. It's is in the back of my truck.
I can wait till you or someone else decides they want to use it. I wasn't trying to assign it to you. Just you've the only trailer I know about.

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
if you need a 5 gallon can for gas for the gen, I've got a couple, just let me know if you want to use them. I've also got plenty of cords if anybody needs to use one.

RJGMC

Sep 6, 2008
KANSAS CITY METRO
Detector(s) used
SIMPLEX, EQUINOX AND TESORO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I WILL BE THERE THURSDAY!!! (That would be in about 27 hours, but who is counting?)

The firewood turned out fine. It just happens to be in the back of my truck in long pieces. As soon as the sun drops a little later, I will reduce it to little pieces for the fire pit. It is dry oak 2 x 4s from shipping. Might even consider searing a piece of beef with it.

Can't wait to see every body.

I guess this means I will have to start packing since I leave tommorrow after work!

Bob

Burdie

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2005
South Central Kansas
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK Bill and Vicki have kept me up two nights in a row. :( feeling sorry for me yet? :dontknow: :laughing7:
Good news purchased the food so you will not starve.

Bad news: Saturday will be hot. So here is the plan we will divide up after lunch to bottle hunt. We have two sites. You will be surprised how much cooler it is down in the creek. If we still have brass tokens to find you can keep hunting. In fact you can keep detecting if you wish.

Burdie

OP
OP
texan connection

texan connection

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minlabe SE, ace 250, fisher 1280x
bill-USA said:
TEXAN Connection said:
I can wait till you or someone else decides they want to use it. I wasn't trying to assign it to you. Just you've the only trailer I know about.

if you provide it I wll take care of it with my personal gurantee.

Burdie

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2005
South Central Kansas
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Up Date 31st: Print
CTH4 schedule:
Friday: We will meet at the Senior Center to meet and greet from 2:30 pm to 5:30. Cookies and tea will be served. When you first get here please pick up name tag and sign waiver release. Also sign Larry’s thank you letters. Pick up shirts if you ordered one. We have ink prints from Tom Phillip (Baldingboy) for sale. ($5) They are signed and numbered.

Saturday: Meet at Senior Center at 8:00am to sign waiver if you have not done so. Otherwise meet between 8:30 to 9:00 am. for main hunt. This will be where the brass disks will be hidden. You can use the Bathrooms at the Senior Center. You can hang around inside where it is cool during the day. We will Divide up and work the bottle dumps if it gets too hot. I will have water to drink at the Center. Bring your own at the site. You will follow me to the hunt. You can come and go at this site Check the town out.
Saturday: 6:30 to 9:00pm for supper and handing out prizes.

Sunday: 8:30 to 9:30am. Breakfast will be at Senior Center. Attend cowboy church which is just music or any other church in town. (Optional) Bottle hunting is at your pleasure from 9:30 to ??. Your on your own for lunch. You can dig at either bottle sites. One is at the first site we hunted. The other is south of town where some dug the last time. Metal detecting starts at 1:00pm. Meet at Senior Center and follow me. You will see CTH signs in yards and it is OK to detect there. MAKE PLUGS AND COVER UP HOLES!! These are my friends and neighbors please don’t make me regret getting these places to hunt for you. You can go to the school to rest and visit if you like. There is shade.
Sunday: 7:00 to 10:00 Cook out will furnish hotdogs, chips, and marshmallows. You furnish anything else you want.

Monday: 9:00am cattle drive down town. They may have cow patty bingo. You are on your own till 12:30pm. Meet at 12:30 at Senior Center and we will go to the next site. I can’t take it any longer I will have to hunt to. When you have all you want in hunting have a safe trip home. I want to thank you all for coming. I sure hope you have a great time. God Bless
Stan and Vicki

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
bill-USA said:
TEXAN Connection said:

The girls want to know if they can run their hairblowers and straight irons off it..and a fan...LOL...welcome to my teenage world!

Ready to Camp!!!

Attachments

• gypsy caravan.jpg
    gypsy caravan.jpg
    169.1 KB · Views: 269

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread