What's new

Currency Help

Mr. Tat

Tenderfoot
Joined
Apr 2, 2010
Messages
9
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
Hidalgo
Detector(s) used
Master Hunter CX, Discovery 1100 & Dowsing
Hola amigos,

¿Qué espero Salir de este Moneda me ayudará Como si supieran El Precio Por Que Estoy Interesado en la venta de

Saludos desde México.

Ps. Perdonen mi Inglés
 

Attachments

  • 28042010013.webp
    28042010013.webp
    182.3 KB · Views: 264
  • 28042010011.webp
    28042010011.webp
    214 KB · Views: 259
  • 28042010011.webp
    28042010011.webp
    214 KB · Views: 259
  • 28042010013.webp
    28042010013.webp
    182.3 KB · Views: 269
  • 28042010013.webp
    28042010013.webp
    182.3 KB · Views: 261
  • 28042010011.webp
    28042010011.webp
    214 KB · Views: 264
Upvote 0
Cybercop106 said:
http://www.treasurerealm.com/coinpapers/england/coins/S3791.html

"Sixpence or Half-Shilling" 1817 -condición justa, quizás veinte a treinta dólares.

Perdone mi español, es "oxidado"....... ;D

It is a Sixpence but no such thing as a half-Shilling. A Sixpence (or tanner or 6d) was worth half a 'bob' (Shilling worth 12 pence) but was never named a half-shilling.

Still good ID, it a 1817 British Sixpence.
 
Upvote 0
Oh..... when I was in England and Scotland on vacation I heard that used for a SixPence a few times cause it was "half of a shilling". Being an ugly American I just assumed that was a common name for it .......
I collect foreign coins and always check out discontinued ones when travelling.
I had also saw the reference on Wikipedia, in the very first sentence.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sixpence_(British_coin)
Was probably written by a Yank, eh?!
Sorry about that......
 
Upvote 0
Cybercop106 said:
Oh..... when I was in England and Scotland on vacation I heard that used for a SixPence a few times cause it was "half of a shilling". Being an ugly American I just assumed that was a common name for it .......
I collect foreign coins and always check out discontinued ones when travelling.
I had also saw the reference on Wikipedia, in the very first sentence.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sixpence_(British_coin)
Was probably written by a Yank, eh?!
Sorry about that......
Interesting discussion, surprised anyone would say Half-Shilling, maybe half a Shilling (but strange), but my Dad's generation who used them never heard of such a thing. It was a Sixpence or 'Tanner'. I have collected coins since I was a kid & this is the first time I have heard of it, its not in any books I own.
Wikipedia strikes again :laughing7:
 
Upvote 0
old marriage custom --for a bride to have a silver six pence in her shoe * --something borrowed , something blue , something old and something new and for luck a silver six pence in her shoe .--old rhyme
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom