CWB usual

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
I really hate this beach! I say it over and over and over but I HATE THIS BEACH! My daughter on the other hand loves it so we go every now and then. She took her camera with her today and took some pictures and I took a few of her too. Neither one of us did very well today. We were down there for a little over three hours and there were a lot of hunters.

100_1584a.jpg

100_1576a.jpg

I said hello to a couple of them and they said they weren't doing so good either. I don't know the names of the hunters in the pictures.

My daughter hunting in the dry sand. We got a few sprinkles and that is why she has a bag over the control box. She ended up with just under a dollar in clad and nothing else.

100_1613a.jpg

100_1612a.jpg

The water wasn't too bad but I just was not getting any hits at all. I hunted in the water for almost three hours and I only got one hit this morning and it was a penny. Sheesh!

100_1602a.jpg

100_1599a.jpg

Okay, okay.... I don't hate Clearwater Beach but I do dislike it a lot! Maybe it's my attitude. I admit as soon as we decide that is where we are going I know I'm not going to get anything. But I really don't HATE it. It's a beautiful beach but I dislike it a lot! ::)

Upvote 0

davest

Silver Member
Nov 5, 2007
somewhere between here and there, south of over th
Detector(s) used
titan 3000xd/seahunter mk ll/Ace 250/whites 6000XL Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you didn't miss anything south either. Treasure Island is getting a shot of beach rebuilding and it's gonna be a while until things are uncovered or at least findable under the two to three feet of sand they're pumping to make the beach wider.

We spent 4 hours yesterday and I got 1.01 american. with 50cent of it coming from underneath a parking meter.

Bobbie

Nov 7, 2005
Connecticut and SW Florida
Detector(s) used
2 Minelab Excal 1000, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:laughing7: LOL: To Funny!!........to many hunters and not enough gold and silver. Maybe soon there will be a lot of deals on Ebay for detectors!! Better luck next time Mumszie.....hope you find something nice soon.

gold-digger

Jul 4, 2006
Gulf Coast, Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excals & Quattro
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
We hit it yesterday for about 4 hrs till sunset and left with just over a dollar, a junk toe ring and a cheap aluminum earring. :icon_scratch: That was mostly water, there were 6 others up on the sand.

Pickens are really slim these days.

dld

Apr 21, 2010
NE Fla
Detector(s) used
ace 250, BHID, Explorer SE Pro, Omega 8000
what does your daughters shirt have written on it? DO? the strap covers it up
You got out side , spent time with your daughter, whats not to enjoy :icon_thumleft: other than the place sucked :tongue3:

OP
OP
mumszie

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
dld said:
what does your daughters shirt have written on it? DO? the strap covers it up
You got out side , spent time with your daughter, whats not to enjoy :icon_thumleft: other than the place sucked :tongue3:

That used to be my husbands shirt and the DOM stood for "Dirty Old Man". I've been calling him that since we were teenagers. Now, my daughter says the DOM stands for "Daughter Of Mumszie". My shirt says "Mumszie". LOL ;D

Coil to Soil

Mar 30, 2010
Pa.
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT
Thanks for the pics of CWB Mumszie, awesome. CWB was my first and only beach I have ever hunted, and that was only the dry sand. I cant wait to hit the water when I get my new Whites Surf Pi Dual Field in the near future. As I have mentioned to you in the past, we always go to CWB for our vacations. The wife says we can go anywhere to any beach in the gulf if I wanted to try another but I guess that I tend to want to go there only because we know it and the area so well. oh well, HH and have a great day, again, thanks for the cool pics.

The Bulgarian

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
South Florida east coast.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
In the water Aquasound ,back up Aquasound,Fisher cz20,Minelab Excalibur 15 inch wot coil .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Mumszie I was there today.5 targets for 1hr.Not Good. :icon_scratch: :icon_scratch: :dontknow: :dontknow:

FLauthor

Aug 22, 2004
Minneola, FL
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 800; Fisher F5; White Beachmaster VLF
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Problem is the best hunting is off shore about a mile. I knew a TH'er who took a boat out one mile from CWB in 15 feet of water and dove with SCUBA. Out there you'll find potholes in the hardpan. She managed to pull over 15 gold rings which included wedding bands, diamond rings, HS rings, College rings and Military rings. All waiting for you and there are hundreds of those potholes out there. Gold rings will move with the tides and if they fall into a depression, they will remain there until a good storm surge sweeps them out of the pot holes toward the beaches. That's the reason that after a really bad storm that churns up the Gulf that the ring hunting is so good but only a small percentage of those rings are found while the remainder are once again swept out to fall into a pothole until the next storm. ;D :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
mumszie

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
FLauthor said:
Problem is the best hunting is off shore about a mile. I knew a TH'er who took a boat out one mile from CWB in 15 feet of water and dove with SCUBA. Out there you'll find potholes in the hardpan. She managed to pull over 15 gold rings which included wedding bands, diamond rings, HS rings, College rings and Military rings. All waiting for you and there are hundreds of those potholes out there. Gold rings will move with the tides and if they fall into a depression, they will remain there until a good storm surge sweeps them out of the pot holes toward the beaches. That's the reason that after a really bad storm that churns up the Gulf that the ring hunting is so good but only a small percentage of those rings are found while the remainder are once again swept out to fall into a pothole until the next storm. ;D :icon_thumleft:

I am afraid that is beyond my capabilities and I am too old to start doing it now. What a chance for some others though. :wink:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread