What's new

CZ bombs out in the silver pit

gleaner1

Silver Member
Joined
Feb 1, 2009
Messages
4,507
Reaction score
1,039
Golden Thread
0
Location
Gateway to the 1000 Islands
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
Two hours, 9 wheats, a buff and a flyer clad dime. No silver tonight, but the cz is hot and there's more waiting.
 

Attachments

  • DSC06171.webp
    DSC06171.webp
    60.7 KB · Views: 505
  • DSC06172.webp
    DSC06172.webp
    67 KB · Views: 493
  • DSC06175.webp
    DSC06175.webp
    89.1 KB · Views: 494
  • DSC06178.webp
    DSC06178.webp
    55.5 KB · Views: 487
That's my kind of hunting!

Go back there and get the shiny stuff!
 
By all the mud near the CZ-20's pinpoint button I can tell you use it a lot. When it goes Fisher won't fix it till you upgrade the repair to a CZ21 at a cost of $$$. Save the rubber gassket and smear Silicone Sealant over the button and the rubber won't fail.
 
It went from upper forties and rain down to the twenties and snow, with a lot more snow coming, my rare winter metal detecting break is over. Out of this particular site I have pulled 28 silver total, 24 with the M6, 3 with my '84 Garrett Coin Commander, and one with my cz20. Last night was the first time I've been skunked on silver in this spot. I discovered an area littered with coins but I couldn't take the mud any longer. I had to scrub the machine down in the bathtub for ten minutes and I still couldn't get all the mud off it. Sandman, I'm taking your advice.
 

Attachments

  • DSC06182.webp
    DSC06182.webp
    81.3 KB · Views: 475
Well when you said soggy sod and mud you were not exaggerating..............What sandman said about repairing the CZ20 is true . ...................I was going to get a used cz20 that needed a little something i can't remember what now and checked with fisher....... And they told me they do not fix the cz 20 ..................They make it into a cz21 and the cost was high.......... So gleaner is you season over now........ i think mine is all they are calling for now is frezzing temps. & snow.........
 

Attachments

  • thumbnailCABTSG22.webp
    thumbnailCABTSG22.webp
    3.4 KB · Views: 477
Keppy the cz20 is great machine, I'm on my second one, but its like a diamond in the rough, or perhaps like a vintage Ferrrari, expensive to buy and expensive to fix but hang on! I'm about fed up with it, it's a great machine but can't swap coils and it's time is over for me. I was detector poor at the time so I bought it for $400 off my buddy which is a hell of a deal and I found four silver with it in no time. But I've aready had to fix it. I'm all over the ATPro come tax time.
 
gleaner1 said:
Keppy the cz20 is great machine, I'm on my second one, but its like a diamond in the rough, or perhaps like a vintage Ferrrari, expensive to buy and expensive to fix but hang on! I'm about fed up with it, it's a great machine but can't swap coils and it's time is over for me. I was detector poor at the time so I bought it for $400 off my buddy which is a hell of a deal and I found four silver with it in no time. But I've aready had to fix it. I'm all over the ATPro come tax time.

I have a Fisher CZ-6a which is the land version of the CZ-20. It is hotter than the 20, can change coils, head phones, has a meter and is water resistant. See if you can find one of these.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom