Dark Mountain Movie

speedarino

Tenderfoot
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi,

Last night I was browsing thru Amazon Prime video and stumbled onto a 2014 movie called "Dark Mountain"

It is basically a rip-off of "The Blair Witch Project." The characters even acknowledge that film in their dialogue.

Anyhoo, the premise is that the characters are making a documentary about the Lost Dutchman's Mine and so they camp out in the Superstition Mountains. As you can guess, it doesn't go well.

I did a search here on the forum and didn't find reference, so I thought I'd post about its existence. This certainly isn't a recommendation, but it's always fun to see a movie about gold and treasure. If you don't have to shell out cash to see it, that is about the right price for this one, IMO. Of course I have a policy against recommending movies and restaurants because tastes vary so much and people get mad when they don't like your recommendations. I don't need the extra aggravation. So if you watch this one, it is at your own risk. If you liked BWP and aren't tired of it, this may be worth your time. It has a few little plot points that are interesting and the scenery was nice. If you can't handle scary movies, forget it. There really isn't any gore or actual violence, though.

Your Pal,

S

:happy1:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread