What's new

Date Id?

timekiller

Silver Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2009
Messages
3,853
Reaction score
966
Golden Thread
1
Location
Morehead City / Newport NC
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guy's been a little busy lately so not on here to much.But got chance to clean another barn out over the weekened and found this Fire Extinguiser.It's a Red Star 24" tall & seems to be all there other then the hose that was so rotted I took off(saved the nozzle though).Anyhow I see them online but the dates seem to be all over the board on them.Some say early 1970's which I don't remember them back then but I was a little guy then.Other's say late 1800's & everywhere in between. :icon_scratch: Does anyone know the date of this one I found?The pics. should allow for reading but one is a little hard to see.But says Sweat Sealed Pending Made In USA.
Thanks For Your Help,
&
Take Care,
Pete
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0525.webp
    IMG_0525.webp
    28.1 KB · Views: 193
  • IMG_0526.webp
    IMG_0526.webp
    45.5 KB · Views: 191
  • IMG_0527.webp
    IMG_0527.webp
    21.5 KB · Views: 181
  • IMG_0528.webp
    IMG_0528.webp
    42.1 KB · Views: 183
  • IMG_0529.webp
    IMG_0529.webp
    35.6 KB · Views: 188
  • IMG_0530.webp
    IMG_0530.webp
    37.1 KB · Views: 182
I found two references in Google books to the Red Star Model 303. They were dated 1939 and 1942. It could be older, but 30's & 40's are a safe bet on the date.

DCMatt
 
Upvote 0
IronSpike said:
Based on the company name it would date between 1942 and 1957.

http://www.vintagefe.com/general.html

Nice find Pete :icon_sunny:
DCMatt said:
I found two references in Google books to the Red Star Model 303. They were dated 1939 and 1942. It could be older, but 30's & 40's are a safe bet on the date.

DCMatt

Thanks Gentlemen :thumbsup:
I knew this was the place to take such a question. :headbang:
You guy's take care & have a Good Holiday!
Pete, :hello:
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom