Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
This was found by my mister last night around 7 p.m.near the site of the first day Battle of Nashville. He was so thrilled when he found it and I posted a few pics last night but you couldn't tell much as they were dark. Anyway,we think it is a 10 lb. solid shot cannonball. He put a string around the cannonball to get its diameter(real scientific huh?) and we weighed it with a luggage scale last night. According to his chart,that is what it is. Not sure if its a Confederate shell and might have a wooden fuse in it so tomorrow we are going to have it x-rayed at a chiropractors office.

image.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
CoilyGirl

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Turns out the sucker was a 12 lb. solid shot! The mister had it x-rayed today and also bought a caliper to determine the true size. Last night we had an interesting thing happen around 10:30. We got a call from our local police department stating there was an officer outside who wanted to talk to my husband about his cannonball. We had posted about it on Facebook and apparently one of our friends had showed some concern and called them We were very cooperative and let them in to see it and told them that we would not have anything dangerous in our home and that my husband had been dealing in CW artifacts for years. We assured them to be safe we were going to have it x-rayed today.

image.jpg

image.jpg

AQUA

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2013
Nova Scotia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
FISHER F75 / TESORO SAND SHARK / CZ 21
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That will clean up nicely ...makes for a great dislay piece anywhere in the house.

Just be careful ..if there is a plug then there is most likely gun powder.

Always a nice find !!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread