What's new

DD coils for a CZ?

foiled_again

Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 29, 2013
Messages
86
Reaction score
59
Golden Thread
0
Location
DFW area, TX
Detector(s) used
CZ7a, Compadre (wader mod), Land Ranger Pro, Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I recently picked up a CZ7a and am REALLY liking its versatility (beach-salt sand-etc) and the way it hits on nickels. It's challenging the F5 for primacy in my arsenal. Was wondering though, did anybody ever make a DD coil for the CZ series? That'd be a killer...
 
I asked the same thing awhile back.
I did find a quote from NASA Tom Dankowshi..."The Demodulator circuitry will not handle a DD coil on a CZ. It'll have incorrect ID. Just the byproduct/nature of the architectural circuitry design. It HAS been attempted many times."
 
I thought not...too bad. Is that like disgronification?
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom