Decided to air the 9year old boy out and get out

Caryl

Feb 2, 2008
into the sunshine today. We hit the tot lot at his school. Seriously, I have GOT to learn how to pinpoint better with this new machine, maybe just buy a pinpointer today. Out of the car and I start swinging. He's swinging away about 30 feet away. I'm 10 feet from the car and I eyeball a dollar. Well OK. Good start. (still on spring break here)
Good repeatable signal, let the boy go at the target - 1962 penny.
TONS of shredded aluminum cans for the trash back, tabs, more junk. Swinging away I eyeball a dime- 2007. Swing. Swing. Tone. SAYS it's a quarter down 8 inches. Try a quarter - 1995- just sitting on the surface. ARGH. SWING SWING SWING....lost more trash, I'm so frustrated I'm starting to ignore tones for all of the shredded alum. cans. Swing. Tone. Nickel - 1998 sitting ON the surface.

Seriously. $1.41 with 1 cent keeper

Oh well, the day started with a $3 rotary pancake breakfast !!!! Which is going on until 7 pm tonight if anyone is in the area. Greene County fairrounds.

Upvote 0

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
Well go get some more of those yummy pancakes and have a good evening! Glad you got to air out the 9 year old a bit and at least spend some time detecting. It will get better....we all have those days where being out there instead of at work or in the house is the best part of the day then we have days the finds are exciting. :wink: Hang in there! Happy hunting! :icon_sunny:

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
the shallow quarter gave a overstrong signal to to it being very shallow --it happens --you running 100 max sen aren't you ? --try 75% sen / power sometimes machines work better at 75% that at "full blast"-- think of your stero --sounds better at 75% sound wize that at full blast doesn'tit?-----some times trying to "pound" too much signal in the ground try to get "max" depth can tend to overpower things--- the ground often can only "handle" only so much signal thus all the excess signal hurts rather than helps . -- Ivan

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread