invent4hir

Bronze Member
Aug 1, 2017
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i & DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All I found this decorative brass plate near where a home that was standing by 1851 and was disassembled by the parents of the present owner in 1952. In the same hole I found the jack and a square nail. About 3 feet away was a plain flat button manufactured by ROBINSON, JONES & CO. between 1828-1836 according to https://www.mizzeliz.com/?p=537.

Do the flowers and flowing lines indicate it is Art Nouveau? If not, about how old is it? What do you think it was attached to? The hook and rivets make me think it is the front of a drawer.

Attachments

• Front.JPG
    Front.JPG
    357.5 KB · Views: 116
  • Back.JPG
    Back.JPG
    412.6 KB · Views: 82
  • Side.JPG
    Side.JPG
    103.3 KB · Views: 83
OP
OP
I

invent4hir

Bronze Member
Aug 1, 2017
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i & DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From a woman's make up case ??
duggap, thanks for the tip. It does kinda look like some - though most of those have external hinges on 1 side. Maybe on the one I found the rivets attached one end of an internal hinge to the lid(?).

Upvote 0
OP
OP
I

invent4hir

Bronze Member
Aug 1, 2017
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i & DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think the rivets once held a bar attachment for a belt and the other end looks like the hook portion. Like a sash buckle
villagenut, thanks I'll look into possibility as well.

Upvote 1
OP
OP
I

invent4hir

Bronze Member
Aug 1, 2017
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i & DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks to all! I'm going to mark this as SOLVED. Although this is unlike any other sash buckle I've dug and seen on Google, there was one posted on TNet early this year at Victorian Ladies Brooch??? - Sash Buckle! that has an intact bar and holes. Guess the only thing I'm still puzzled about is why attach something in the 2 holes that would partially cover the design.

Upvote 1

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread