Deepest Tesoro to date

steve1357

May 17, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Fisher Teknetics Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I figure it is the Diabol or Lobo Original at 20KHz I found so far, not sure the lowest? Almost forgot they had their older manuals Thanks for the link. I will keep looking. Most have been around 12KHz and min 10KHz over the years, see none from 5-8 KHz though, interesting. You would have thought at least some of their Silver Series would have fell in between these lower zones?

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/metal-detecting/304505-md-frequencies-better-what.html

You're right, the first few older ones I looked at were 10khz. All the other companies have 7khz detectors which is the silver freq I think. But in all of my years of buying the latest greates bleeding edge detectors, I haven't seen a 7khz detector beat one of the "gold" detectors on silver. The multifreq detectors are another animal....

I wish Terry would elaborate and help us understand why his Outlaw is deeper than his Vaquero....

OP
OP
doggoneitdignit

doggoneitdignit

Oct 2, 2016
Canada
Detector(s) used
Current: Vaquero,Compadre,T2,300i, ML 440V, and Simplex+
Past:Whites 4000 D Series 3, Radio Shack 3001 Micronta
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You're right, the first few older ones I looked at were 10khz. All the other companies have 7khz detectors which is the silver freq I think. But in all of my years of buying the latest greates bleeding edge detectors, I haven't seen a 7khz detector beat one of the "gold" detectors on silver. The multifreq detectors are another animal....

I wish Terry would elaborate and help us understand why his Outlaw is deeper than his Vaquero....

That would be nice if Terry could chime in on this yes...maybe Tesoro wants to avoid anything less the then 10KHz.

Rich in Houston

Nov 30, 2003
Houston,Katy TX.
Detector(s) used
Tesoro UMax, Cortez & Tejon, Fisher CZ20,
Garrett GTA 1000, AT Pro & AT Max. Minelab Equanox600
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I have the Tejon and put the Corrs Strike (12x13) coil (149.00 Ebay) on it and wow, it runs deep. targets were there but faint at 12" (bullets) but so much more identifiable now at 12-14" targets. Hit some bigger targets well over 15+
I love it

pinenut

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2016
where bigfoot roams
Detector(s) used
Various Tesoro - mostly Bandido II μMAX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
...maybe Tesoro wants to avoid anything less the then 10KHz.

Most likely, they've tested every frequency and determined that those they decide upon are the best compromise for a specific model's intended purpose...

OP
OP
doggoneitdignit

doggoneitdignit

Oct 2, 2016
Canada
Detector(s) used
Current: Vaquero,Compadre,T2,300i, ML 440V, and Simplex+
Past:Whites 4000 D Series 3, Radio Shack 3001 Micronta
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have the Tejon and put the Corrs Strike (12x13) coil (149.00 Ebay) on it and wow, it runs deep. targets were there but faint at 12" (bullets) but so much more identifiable now at 12-14" targets. Hit some bigger targets well over 15+
I love it

I just created a post wondering about the Cors and NEL coil offerings as I have a Garret 300i using the Stock coil and currently own the Vaquero 5..75 and 8x11 DD wondering my self if going larger may make a difference with the Cors Strike?? I think I may loose separation and pinpointing though more my concern then depth, but depends what you are looking for for sure, with my 8KHz and 14.5KHz machine operating modes between the two your Tejon would definitely hit deeper then my two for depth. Here is what I come to believe and think about the coils. One use your stock to the best advantage whether it is a concentric or dd coil, slow down, listen and work your area until you no longer retrieve anymore valuables in that ground, even if it starts as trashy tot parks working to stock then going with a deeper coil next.

Once you have discovered those deeper objects later after going with that deeper coil, then you have mastered this sport. I myself not there yet hence why I am going to stick to what I own. Others have stated they are just as happy with the 8.5x11 DD coil with Garret maybe here with Tesoro that there would be no need to go higher I still believe though you will get more depth though with the vendor or after market coils indeed, hence why they make them...I would like to get another detector though and put the money to that first, and more so get a three package deal.

One thing is for sure is that I would like to see these aftermarket coils interchangeable with other vendors.

Thanks for posting this Rich.

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/garrett/532693-ace-300i-400i-coils.html

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread