What's new

deleted

Hard for me to say as I wouldn't rule out it being a piece of slag. I'm thinking having looked at by a person who knows these things will be your best option. You might just take it to someone with diamond blade rock saw and have a slice taken off it. Seeing what it looks like inside might tell you more of what you wanna know about it.
 
Hard for me to say as I wouldn't rule out it being a piece of slag. I'm thinking having looked at by a person who knows these things will be your best option. You might just take it to someone with diamond blade rock saw and have a slice taken off it. Seeing what it looks like inside might tell you more of what you wanna know about it.
yes indeed, but i know it is not slag. it is a real natural stone. i could cut off a piece in the natural museum depot, but don´t know if i want to do that. and the spherule are clearly visible on the outside.
 
i have decided to break a piece off, and now i can see that the spherules are also on the inside but cream color. see photo's
 

Attachments

  • 20260323_163751.webp
    20260323_163751.webp
    908.1 KB · Views: 51
  • 20260323_163805.webp
    20260323_163805.webp
    816.7 KB · Views: 49
  • 20260323_163837.webp
    20260323_163837.webp
    943.7 KB · Views: 49
  • 20260323_163955.webp
    20260323_163955.webp
    948.6 KB · Views: 46
  • 20260323_164018.webp
    20260323_164018.webp
    1,015.5 KB · Views: 53
Hard for me to say as I wouldn't rule out it being a piece of slag. I'm thinking having looked at by a person who knows these things will be your best option. You might just take it to someone with diamond blade rock saw and have a slice taken off it. Seeing what it looks like inside might tell you more of what you wanna know about it.
Hello tamrock, have you seen the broken surface yet? the spherules on the outside are also inside and cream colored. very interesting matrix.
 
Hard for me to say as I wouldn't rule out it being a piece of slag. I'm thinking having looked at by a person who knows these things will be your best option. You might just take it to someone with diamond blade rock saw and have a slice taken off it. Seeing what it looks like inside might tell you more of what you wanna know about it.
Hi tamrock, i have cut the stone. what do you think?
 
after looking carefully it has also two iron oxide inclusions??
 

Attachments

  • 1000011327.webp
    1000011327.webp
    601.8 KB · Views: 57
Rockpassion, please stop deleting your comments after you post them, and you never delete or remove text, or pictures from the opening post.
 
Hi tamrock, i have cut the stone. what do you think?
Well I believe I'm seeing magnesium dendrites perpetrating from the small fractures. Personally, I do not think it to be a meteorite, unless something or someone proves to me otherwise.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom