What's new

Detech 13" ultimate DD for t2se

bigsprings

Jr. Member
Joined
Apr 29, 2011
Messages
28
Reaction score
25
Golden Thread
0
Location
Upstate NY
Should arrive tuesday. I will start out at some previously pounded sites with the stock coil and see what happens. Anyone have experience with this coil? This is my first aftermarket coil.
 
Very interested to hear the results. I've been considering a giant NEL coil. Interested to hear your thoughts on this one. I hope it's awesome for you
 
The stock coil seems to be doing just fine today as I pulled my first gold and a 1832 capped bust dime this am.
 
Anxious to see how it does. I do believe that the vast majority of relics in my area in within reach of the stock coil on my T2 SE. More interested in how stable it is as it will no doubt be a good one to cover a little extra ground in the open areas. Keep us posted.
 
I have the Ultimate 13 for my T2. It goes about 2" deeper than the stock coil in my test garden. The only issue I have is that it doesn't like to auto ground balance. Not a big deal since it can be manually ground balanced in all metal mode. Overall it's a great coil and I prefer it over the stock coil for large open areas.
 
A half hour after arrival I think the coil paid for itself.
 

Attachments

  • 2014-04-08 15.11.06.webp
    2014-04-08 15.11.06.webp
    20.5 KB · Views: 193
  • 2014-04-08 15.11.33.webp
    2014-04-08 15.11.33.webp
    19.5 KB · Views: 169
Round 2 with the Detech coil last evening . Auto Ground balancing seems to run lower with this coil. Sensitivity over 70 and it gets real chatty, disc 20 to 30 2+ tones. What I found so far is there is alot of falsing on the cut nails. Old rusted iron jumps around and up into the foil range, but, good targets are a solid rip. These were from a site I pounded last fall in BP mode and all metal mode.
 

Attachments

  • Large 1.webp
    Large 1.webp
    48.5 KB · Views: 204
  • Large 1 (2).webp
    Large 1 (2).webp
    48.9 KB · Views: 203

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom