What's new

Detech 13 ultimate or stealth X-12?

patpall22

Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 4, 2006
Messages
436
Reaction score
174
Golden Thread
0
Location
Carmel ca/ Big Sur ca
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, whites DFX, XP DEUS, etrac and sandshark
Can't decide witch coil to get for my Etrac. Anyone here have both of these coils and could tell me how the stack up in terms of stability, depth, separation and weight or balance.
 
I cant wait for you too get some replies to this. I want this info too :)
Gary from Oregon
 
I'll chime in on the coil selection question. Ran an ETrac over 4 years when they came out and had multiple coils of the same make and brand and actually came back to the Pro coil as it performed best, for me. Just picked up another ETrac a couple of months ago and the Pro coil will not come off of it. When you get into heavy heavy ferrous material there are other detectors that perform much better. The right tool for the job IOW. But ID'ing at depth and deep recovery of targets, none no better. The right tool for the job at hand depending on ground conditions.
 
In my medium soil I find that the X12 ids better than the stock coil at depth.
 
TL you said a lot in your post. What I experienced with the X 12 was the machine was seeing too much dirt and here in my soil in middle Ga. I got less depth with it but could cover more ground. The tell tale sign of that is to run the machine in auto and watch how much it will back the sensitivity down just by having the larger coil attached. With that said, I always run in manual sensitivity virtually maxed out but still didn't get the same depth as the stock coil.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom