Aug 25, 2004
Northern Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, XP Deus,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Howdy Diggers-

I got out yesterday here in N. Virginia to dig a tract of land that back in the day had a Confederate battery. I dug 5 bullets yesterday all round balls and 4 canon friction primers -nothing earth shattering as this site has been pounded through the years and most have given up on this site. But what is impressive is the sheer depth I am getting on my Deus 2-using General program-all bullets were between 8 inches and a foot depth -unheard of depth but the Deus 2 continues to perform.

One round ball obviously was carved into a nipple protector which is my first; digging only the deep signals as everything I dug less than 4-6 inches was trash. Hopefully a good Reb button will deface next Saturday-happy digging diggers!

Attachments

• IMG_4035.jpeg
    IMG_4035.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 32
  • IMG_4042.jpeg
    IMG_4042.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 19
  • IMG_4043.jpeg
    IMG_4043.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 20
  • IMG_4044.jpeg
    IMG_4044.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 18
  • IMG_4040.jpeg
    IMG_4040.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 18
  • IMG_4033.jpeg
    IMG_4033.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 19
Upvote 9

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Howdy Diggers-

I got out yesterday here in N. Virginia to dig a tract of land that back in the day had a Confederate battery. I dug 5 bullets yesterday all round balls and 4 canon friction primers -nothing earth shattering as this site has been pounded through the years and most have given up on this site. But what is impressive is the sheer depth I am getting on my Deus 2-using General program-all bullets were between 8 inches and a foot depth -unheard of depth but the Deus 2 continues to perform.

One round ball obviously was carved into a nipple protector which is my first; digging only the deep signals as everything I dug less than 4-6 inches was trash. Hopefully a good Reb button will deface next Saturday-happy digging diggers!
Very Cool!!! Congrats!!!

mindcrime1988

Bronze Member
Apr 17, 2011
Southeast Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, XP Deus II, DetectorPro Headhunter, BlissTool & Pulsedive
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice finds.

Glad you're liking the Deus II. I picked one up about two months ago and it is impressive. I was at the beach a couple days ago and the Deus II was sniffing out coins about 20" down. :notworthy: Granted I was using the 11X13 coil which I'm sure helped but I was amazed at the depth.

OP
OP
relichound

relichound

Aug 25, 2004
Northern Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, XP Deus,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice finds.

Glad you're liking the Deus II. I picked one up about two months ago and it is impressive. I was at the beach a couple days ago and the Deus II was sniffing out coins about 20" down. :notworthy: Granted I was using the 11X13 coil which I'm sure helped but I was amazed at the depth.
Mindcrime1988-I’ve had mine since Feb 2021-a former Deus original owner , I updated the 2.0 software last month and I swear I’m getting better depth using just the General program for relic hunting here in Virginia -all lead except one round ball was 6 plus inches -one round ball 12 inches

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread