Deus and noise-cancelling headphones

Silver Simon

Mar 17, 2013
Coldwater Michigan
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So, just for fun I decided to hook up my Bose QC-15 headphones to the remote control, just to see how it sounded. I did some air testing and the only sound coming through was a barely audible grunt, much lower than the normal tone for the dime I was testing. I then hooked up some stock Apple ear buds and the tone was correct but it was piercingly loud.

I've never used headphones with active noise cancellation on a detector, should I assume this is messing with the tone/volume or is something else to blame? I wonder if the results would be different with the sound wirelessly streaming to a WS4 puck with the headphones. Unfortunately all I have is the WS5 so I can't test it.

Try earbuds with inline volume control. I prefer earbuds when it gets warm.

I have some older Sony NC headphones. They work fine but are too loud without an inline VC.
Seems most detectors need to see an impedance load to sound right (possibly because they accommodate the standard detecting high impedance headphones).
I have some Rapoo wireless headphones. They produce a somewhat muffled audio when used with my Tesoro Vaquero yet 32 Ohm ear buds work great.
However the Rapoo wireless works great with my tablet PC.....Go figure.

Ya Ia m hoping myself to just use the WS-4 Puck with adapter and a set of nice in ear buds during the summer ... be nice to have the puck in the pocket run the earbuds wire up through the shirt and just have them out the collar ... I think that would work great hopefully.

Ya Ia m hoping myself to just use the WS-4 Puck with adapter and a set of nice in ear buds during the summer ... be nice to have the puck in the pocket run the earbuds wire up through the shirt and just have them out the collar ... I think that would work great hopefully.

I use mine that way all the time since it has gotten warmer.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back